Coed y brenin accomodation?

magoo37
magoo37 Posts: 15
edited September 2011 in MTB general
we are looking at having a couple of days at CyB late November (my birthday treat!) ... can anyone recommend a nice cheapish bike friendly B&B or hotel?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    B&B I stayed at in Dolgellau was nice. Basic stuff but friendly owner, good breakfast and is bike friendly with secure storage.

http://www.dwyolwyn.co.uk/
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    we usually stay at a place called ferndale. a little cottage right near the main centre.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Cae Gwyn farm
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Went there a few weeks ago and stayed at Tyn y Groes Hotel 2 miles down the road.

Not the cheapest but included breakfast and the rooms were pretty comfy. Nice food in the evening and a bar for a post ride pint.

You can cross the road and get straight onto the dragons back/beast too which is a bonus as you dont have to pay for parking at the visitor centre or ride up the road.

They have a heated garage too to keep your bikes secure and cosy overnight.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    +1 for Cae Gwyn, great place to stay, nice people - they even have a deal with a local pub, they will give you a lift to the pub, then you either get 10% off a meal or a lift back.
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Another for Cae Gwyn. Recently got back. Has everything you will need and its a mile ride down to CYB centre.