Cannock Chase times

gixer5
gixer5 Posts: 38
edited September 2011 in MTB rides
Hi I did a couple of circuits of follow the dog and the monkey at Cannock on Saturday.

I did the first circuit in 1 hour 34 and the second circuit in 1 hour 48.

Are these reasonable times?

Comments

• Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    I assume you mean the full dog/monkey trail from the cafe and back again?

That's pretty good going, I'd be well chuffed. My quickest is 1hr29mins van to van, which was 1hr24mins actual moving time (shouldn't have stopped at the top of Lower Cliff!) and I'm reasonably fit.
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)
  • Reckon those times are good and quicker than most. The fastest I've done it this year is 1:27
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/93930348. Did a 1:20 last year http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76357434 which was the first of 4. I didn't get the chance to do 1 flat out lap at my peak fitness.
  • Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    I've done about 1:40, indicating I'm not really that fit!
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.
  • Alan P
    Wow....that 1:20 is good going! I reckon I could do that moving time, but I need a bit more fitness to get that sort of total time. That said, I don't really need the rest I suppose :roll: My knee is buggered at the minute (OTB on the Beast last weekend :cry: ), but I'll have a proper go in a couple of weeks or so and post again.

Your max HR is impressive too.....how old are you? I'm a sad 45 year old so anything over 165 is pushing limits for me!
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • I'm a few years younger at 36. My max (observed) heart rate has gone up over the last couple of years training. I've seen 187 and am pretty sure that's my limit.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I'd imagine that your max HR is over 187.......I've only had a hrm for a few weeks but I've already recorded 192 and I'm yet to use it in a race etc

I've done Monkey/FTD in 1 hour 19 mins last year. I was a fair bit quicker in the middle of the race season this, so reckon I'd possibly be able to do it in around 1 hour 15 mins in ideal conditions-however, its pretty cut up in parts so I reckon anything sub 1hr 25 is good going now.....

There are a number of very good racers local to Cannock-two of them would get very close to the hour mark-one is racing in Elites next year though! I'm mid-pack in the Sport category fwiw.
  • Alan P
    Tom BB wrote:
    I've done Monkey/FTD in 1 hour 19 mins last year. I was a fair bit quicker in the middle of the race season this, so reckon I'd possibly be able to do it in around 1 hour 15 mins in ideal conditions....

I need to get my head down by the sound of it :o
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I wouldn't worry Alan-I'm not quite 45 yet! Anything under 90 minutes is a very decent time imo.
  • D4V1D
    D4V1D Posts: 233
    I did both trails in 1hr 50 on a hire bike, it was my first time and I was guessing which way to go. I'd really get back there and have another bash around there.
    I'm not a racer, but I like to churn out 2-3hr rides,
    I love Cannock and Llandegla cycle parks.
    Cube Acid 2010
    Upgraded RockShox Reba RL Forks, twin air.
    Updrade RockShox dropper seat post.
    Went tubeless DIY style using a 20" BMX tube. Lasting well.
  • I did it in 2:04 :oops:

In my defence it was my first time, my bike was wrecked (actually had to stop and repair it at one point, scrapped it a few months later) and it was the muddiest day in the universe, literally couldn't get the bike up some slopes.