No image?

altern_8
altern_8 Posts: 1,562
Been logging in today,and for some reason its not letting me view any images at all,from emoticons/profile pics/post reply/new post etc,any ides why?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    edited September 2011
    This has been happening to me for several days now, on every bikeradar forum page. I'm using Firefox.

All bikeradar stock image file references are replaced by the "no-image.jpg" image.

e.g.

br1.gif
    image host
  • Yrp samr hete. have tried playing with settings in edit profile, and it appears to be sonething to with html. if i turn it off then on, i get everything back to normal again but only for a few minutes.

Its REALLY annoying and has been happening since Friday.

ANYONE there?
  • Same here.
    I use Chrome, and this has happened, and has also happened on my smart phone (Android, so likely to have chrome like browser, as its all made by Google).
    However, just tried Firefox and seemed to work, although from the previous post apparently that is likely to be a temporary thing
  • altern_8
    Cheers everyone,at least i know its nothing to do with me.I use Google Chrome and still the same today,even just tried using IE and still the same on there,with the "no-image.jpg" ,as rdt showed......the only time i get the emoticons showing is when i reply to someone :evil:
  • Same problem here. :cry:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Hmm, mysterious. I've flagged it as a bug. Let us know if it fixes itself.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    In chrome if you clear the cache etc, it fixes it for a short while then goes back to no image. Very annoying

Dave
  • rdt
    edited September 2011
    I'd suggest the issue may be related to relative pathnames.

It seems that the URL I normally use for the BR road forums, and have used for eons, is this (note the "/road" part)...

...and this gets the no-image problem.

If I start using this URL...
    viewforum.php?f=40059

...then no problem.

Maybe a bunch of us have been using an outdated forum URL (containing "/road"), and someone has made a recent (code or file location) change at your end which means the image paths are no longer being resolved correctly for those people still using that old forum URL.
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    Cheers rdt, that seems to have sorted it, hope it stays sorted this time :)

Dave
  • mak01
    mak01 Posts: 113
    Nice one, that has bugged me all weekend :D
  • Its not the issue though.

I dont have it as a favourite or anything, or use a url.

I open google, search for bikeradar, then clck on result. once on the site I navigate using the road tabs then forum etc. i still get the issue

it still needs fixed
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    It went away today and just now it's back again, what the fuff's going on guys?
  • altern_8
    I deleted it off my favs list,followed the new URL "rdt" posted,but as soon as i click onto anything else i still get the same problem........
  • josnor
    josnor Posts: 207
    rdt wrote:
    It seems that the URL I normally use for the BR road forums, and have used for eons, is this (note the "/road" part)...
    deleted

viewforum.php?f=40059

...then no problem.
    Good detective work! I know exactly what the problem is now - we implemented a server configuration change last week to try and improve performance which must have had a knock-on effect on this. I'll speak with our operations team this morning and get it sorted.
  • josnor
    josnor Posts: 207
    ..and it should be fixed now. Let us know if you're still having problems.
  • rdt
    josnor wrote:
    rdt wrote:
    deleted

index.php?c=4

...then no problem.
    Good detective work!

Used to debug a lot of (other people's - honest!) software. :wink:

Thanks for sorting things.
  • altern_8
    Cheers guys,working again with me now.