Edinburgh peoples (again)

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Pedal for scotland finishes at Murryfield this year. Looking around the area I see it's not that far from the park and ride at hermaston. So I was planning on getting picked up from there.

I figure it will be less stressful Father just driving to there rather than all the way into Edinburgh and it will hopefully mean missing the worst of the event traffic.

Do the locals think my plan is a good one. I assume being a Sunday the roads I'd be riding along will be less busy than a week day (was going to say empty but city roads are never empty).

Comments

• Reckon you should be ok there, another suggestion for being picked up is at St John's Road as there is a retail park there with a McDonalds and a pc world and not too far from Murrayfield either, I'm lucky my office is up the road from Murrayfield so just going to dump my car there and cycle to Murrayfield.

Just another question???

Have you got your pack yet for pedal for scotland?

David
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Yep got it yesterday. Had been wondering when it would arrive as it was around a week and a half from the event last year when I got it. And then the postie arrived.
  • Should be fine.

The main roads in and out of that part of town aren't particularly nice though, particularly if you are faint from effort. One option for a warm down pootle would be to follow the Water of Leith walkway (which runs right past Murrayfield) until it crosses the Union Canal, and then follow this until you get to the Riccarton area. Its all cinder track, so perfectly fine on a road bike.

Another option would be to get the tram out to the airport... oh, wait....
  • Still waiting on my pack, hoping it arrives this week...
  • Also waiting on the pack...
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc