New bike has arrived

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Back from holiday and as promised by the LBS (Cycleworks on Replingham Road, Southfields for a massive plug) had it ready to rock and roll.

6113121038_d901006c85_z.jpg

Comtat Sabelt in the most commuting friendly colour, white. I ported the old commuting kit over so its running Mavic Aksium wheels, 105 dérailleurs, Tiagra shifters, Tektro brakes, Truative crank set. When I upgrade the Sunday bike groupset I'll cascade the components down to her. She'll be losing her commuting virginity tomorrow.

BTW, if anyone wants a Boardman Comp 2008 frame, forks, seatpost and clamp, let me know. I can even dig out the old Ritchey wheels too, but they'll need some new bearings plus tubes and tyres.
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• Nice.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Nice.... and unique, should stand out ;)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Hang on a second isn't that a repackaged Pinarello?

My god!

What is your Sunday bike then?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Very purty, me gusta!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Hang on a second isn't that a repackaged Pinarello?

My god!

What is your Sunday bike then?
    It may be. Apparently the company imported Chinese frames made to their own specification and built them up. This is one of those frames, but bought cheaply as a 2nd one due to some minor paintwork damage. The company now imports frames from Italy and has gone up-market.

The Sunday bike is still my Fuji CCR1. The Fuji, according to the bathroom scales, 2kg lighter plus its running Ultegra components and Ksyrium wheels. The Comtat is stiffer than the Boardman but the Fuji still puts the power down better. Which I'd hope for a significantly more expensive bike :D

Looking forwards to the ride tomorrow :p
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.