Creaking

Paulkingk
Paulkingk Posts: 689
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Can anyone recommend a set of gear cables for my full sus frame the Jagwire cables i purchased make loads of noise in the cable stops, pulled all the cables out 2 weeks ago and greased the ends and stops but then two weeks down the line the noises are coming back.

Would like to be able to get the cables in blue.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Whatare these noises? Are the cables cut to the right lengths?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Plenty of coloured cable outers on Ebay.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • What are these noises?? Hmm Creaking noises. Def from the cables as all was fine after i shortened them and greases the stops. was lovely and silent for 2 weeks but now it's starting to return
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    Which Jagwire cables are these?
    I've recently fitted the Jagwire Ripcord set to mine and so far been very impressed with them. This is the first time I've used a sealed cable system and it was very easy to fit and the inner cable is very smooth.

One thought, did you open up the ends of the cable outer after cutting them as your cutters may have flattened them slightly?

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • Yeah they are ripcords been fine for about 6 months then the noises started. and yeah opened the cable end up
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I've had this problem its not the actual cable but the end ferrels in the lever or frame, I did the same as you greased them.

All I do now is squirt a little lube on them after each wash and it stops it.

Only other thing I did was try them with no ferrels which worked but I was worried about too much water entering the cable.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2