National TT Champs

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Couldn't see a thread for it and there are some pros in it.

Have had a ride out and the course is tough with wind and drizzle this morning.

Am going to drive back out to cheer on the SKY boys later.

More here...

http://freeteams.net/yaxleycycling/news ... tory=27147

Comments

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Who won?
  • Dowsett according to the man himself on twitter
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Dowsett won - beat Cummings by 19 secs - those 2 beat Hutch and Botrill by a minute and a half appx. More uphill, and Cummings would have won.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    1. Alex Dowett
    2. Steve Cummings +0.19
    (Michael Hutchinson +1.42)*
    3. Matthew Bottrill +1.48

*He's not included in official results as he's Irish these days.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    edited September 2011
    Mettan wrote:
    Dowsett won - beat Cummings by 19 secs - those 2 beat Hutch and Botrill by a minute and a half appx. More uphill, and Cummings would have won.

More downhill and Dowsett would have won by more..

Edit - just see he had to change bikes as well!
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Ah excellent-the National TT Champs on at the same time as a GT :roll:

Froome and Wiggins would have had a say in the results had they ridden I'm guessing!
  • Tom BB wrote:

Froome and Wiggins would have had a say in the results had they ridden I'm guessing!

and a prem, does anyone know why the british tt champs aren't in the same week as the rr champs like i think most other countries
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Congrats to Dowsett.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Anyone know why Gee was a DNS?
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    Bronzie wrote:
    Anyone know why Gee was a DNS?
    ""The decision was made quite a while ago. He's been on a training block for the Tour of Britain and the world championships"

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ships.html
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Bronzie
    Will do next time I see him :?

Thanks for the info Simon. Seemed a bit of a weak field really with a lot of guys racing elsewhere. I've even raced with the guy who finished 16th although to be fair he kicked my arse
  • Bronzie wrote:
    Will do next time I see him :?

Thanks for the info Simon. Seemed a bit of a weak field really with a lot of guys racing elsewhere. I've even raced with the guy who finished 16th although to be fair he kicked my ars*

who else would you want there to strengthen the field, only miller and wiggins could have posted a faster time than dowsitt imo
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie wrote:
    Thanks for the info Simon. Seemed a bit of a weak field really with a lot of guys racing elsewhere. I've even raced with the guy who finished 16th although to be fair he kicked my ars*

who else would you want there to strengthen the field, only miller and wiggins could have posted a faster time than dowsitt imo
    Quite possibly, but it doesn't seem like much of an "elite" field if the bloke that finishes in 16th is a 3rd cat. No disrespect intended to him, but I find it hard to believe that the National TT Champs doesn't attract a more solid field.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    A lot of top TT riders are 4th cats as they only get a licence to ride BC time trials. I think there was a 4th cat in the top 4 or 5 last season. How often does Hutch do road races?
  • Bronzie wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

Quite possibly, but it doesn't seem like much of an "elite" field if the bloke that finishes in 16th is a 3rd cat. No disrespect intended to him, but I find it hard to believe that the National TT Champs doesn't attract a more solid field.

i can see where your coming from, but as said most tts don't come with points so pure tters won't get many and most good road riders would have been doing the prem that BC decided to put on the same day. No idea why
  • Tom BB wrote:

and a prem, does anyone know why the british tt champs aren't in the same week as the rr champs like i think most other countries

I believe this is due to the way that bike racing developed in this country. In essence two different national federations (RTTC for time trials and BC for road) organising an event a piece. In most other European countries there is just one national federation organising the two events, so they run them at the same time.

The development of racing in this country was very bitter at times, there is a book which recounts the feuding and almost open warfare between the two camps. The rivalry was on a par with Rangers/Celtic but with perhaps alittle less violence! Can anyone help with the book title?