Vuelta

martinwitnam
martinwitnam Posts: 439
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
Is it just me or is the Vuelta not being covered live on ITV4 or Eurosport today?
What's that all about? British touring car on ITV4 for 7 hours and just motorbikes on Eurosport!!

Can we fix it?
Yes we can!

Comments

• It's available online through the ITV website apparently.
  • I was just wondering that myself!! Thanks for the info VLL
  • yes just about to start- just had the catchy theme tune on!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • very disapointed did club run this morning, hoping to sit on sofa and watch the race this afternoon and use it as an excuse about recovering.
    Trek 1.2
    FCN 5
  • Is it just me but the bloke who was doing the commentary is totally annoying.
    I don't know about you lot but I pronounce the word leopard as le-perd(ish) but that fool was pronouncing it as lee-o-p-are-d. Argh!!!!!!!!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I thought the online coverage thing worked well, top stuff ITV, err apart from the commentary. That Aussie bloke, pants.

The Leopard Trek thing annoys me too but to be fair it seems that every commentator wants to say it like Lee-O-pard. Reminds me of that American chap Colin Powell (pronounced Co-lan) or that bloody Ralph (pronounced Rayf) Fiennes. Prententious? Mois? FFS :roll:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Is it just me but the bloke who was doing the commentary is totally annoying.
    I don't know about you lot but I pronounce the word leopard as le-perd(ish) but that fool was pronouncing it as lee-o-p-are-d. Argh!!!!!!!!

At the beginning of the season Leopard-Trek sent this e-mail around:

http://www.cyclesportmag.com/news-and-c ... pard-trek/

Some people took it on board, some deliberately ignored it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • It's on Eurosport rhere.
  • The Leopard Trek thing is deliberate (albeit annoying).

The aussie guy (name temporarily forgotten - apologies) does say poker-dot, when I'm sure he means polka-dot, as in jersey style.

Slightly annoying, but to be fair the ITV4 coverage has improved as the days have gone on.
    Ecrasez l’infame