How to watch Vuelta Stage 15 live??

autobahn
autobahn Posts: 114
edited September 2011 in Pro race
According to my TV listings both Eurosprot & ITV4 are NOT showing Sundays stage live!!! It looks like highlights only later in the evening.
The day when most of us are actualy able to watch the event live plus it just so happens to be one of the most important stages which could decide the final G.C.
Am I reading this correctly and is anyone else finding this very frustrating??

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    You are reading it correctly.

ITV will be showing it live online, but that is the only option.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I notice ITV4 have British Touring car racing on for seven hours. Seven hours! What are they racing in? Mini Metros and Hillman Imps?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    edited September 2011
    Having been at the BTCC today at Knockhill, I'm delighted that it is being shown live. Was brilliant today.

I can sit down with the telly on for BTCC and laptop for the Vuelta live at the same time. Perfect!

There were Minis racing today Rich :wink:
  • RichN95.
    IanLD wrote:
    There were Minis racing today Rich :wink:

Minis are fast though. They'd only take four hours and be done in time for the Angliru.
  • You will likely find a stream or two from Europe here: http://cyclingfans.com/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    If you live in London some place called Look Mum no Hands (is it some sort of shop/cafe/cycling mecca?) have international eurosport which isn't obsessed with watching no hopers lose to the favourites at tennis, the touring car series or the moto gp.

If you dont then http://www.itv.com/lavuelta or as FF says some foreign streaming sites.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited September 2011
    While there is no British tv coverage, Eurosport International (Harmon+Kelly) have limited live coverage (75min) at 3-30pm, give or take and subject to delay.
    Many of the live feeds will also be limited, due to other "Sunday" commitments.

Spanish providers, RTVE are splitting their tv coverage between Tdp and TVE 1, which means finding and swopping links, mid stage.

For ITV's net coverage, you need to register online and agree to be spammed by them.

Shocking attitude from UK Eurosport. How many times have they failed to deliver live cycling, because a Brit is in the middle of losing a big tennis match?
    Here, we have a Brit in the middle of potentially winning a GT. Unheard of.............well certainly by the powers that be at UKESHQ.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Eurosport Denmark, like most of ther European Eurosport channels will be covering it live from 16.30 (that's 15.30 for you lot in UK). I'd imagine plenty of feeds will be about for those with a decent internet connection.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.

For ITV's net coverage, you need to register online and agree to be spammed by them.

You don't have register, just give an e-mail address. It doesn't have to a genuine one.

riccardo.ricco@hotmail.com seemed to work OK for me.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    In the words of my 73 year old dad when he heard they weren't showing this vital stage live, just now;

"How can they do this to us?!"
  • RichN95 wrote:

You don't have register, just give an e-mail address. It doesn't have to a genuine one.

riccardo.ricco@hotmail.com seemed to work OK for me.

Brilliant, I just put in the aformentioned e-mail address and I bet everyone else who reads this does as well.
    :lol:
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I appreciate 100% the support and coverage that Eurosport give Cycling, but not showing the key stage of this tour is a joke. Same for ITV4!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Well pissed off at neither channels are carrying this live.

Could be the defining days for a british rider.
  • mr_poll
    Multiple choices on here - some live already

http://www.teamskyfans.com/live.html
  • To be fair to ITV the touring car schedule and transmission is probably a contract signed and sealed long ago, I doubt they could have predicted Wiggins would have not only entered the Vuelta but also be within touching distance of an overall win. Plus the coincidence of a critical stage falling on a sunday.
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 16simon
    16simon Posts: 154
    Agreed, very poor show!! Now I've a dilemma... watch a poor quality live feed or hold on for the highlights?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    16simon wrote:
    Agreed, very poor show!! Now I've a dilemma... watch a poor quality live feed or hold on for the highlights?

Well the broadcast pictures are about the same quality as a dodgy webfeed, so you may as well watch it live.
  • mr_poll
    To be fair to ITV the touring car schedule and transmission is probably a contract signed and sealed long ago, I doubt they could have predicted Wiggins would have not only entered the Vuelta but also be within touching distance of an overall win. Plus the coincidence of a critical stage falling on a sunday.

Thats true but at present ITV3 has about the umpteenth repeat of Kavanagh QC from 10 years ago, surely they could of bumped that and shown the Vuelta on ITV3 once they realised what was happening.
  • Nelson Longflap
    Nelson Longflap Posts: 129
    edited September 2011
    follow mr_poll's links. The tdp feed is pretty good quality and you get to improve your Spanish.

HERE http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-6.php.

It won't matter what language the common taters are speaking when they get to L'Angliru!
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    What a FARCE - Just come home to find that ITV or Eurosport are not showing the BIGGEST stage of the vuelta !!! - A British rider could more or less wrap up the title today. A total disgrace when you think eurosport have 3 channels ????. ONLY in britain you can tell Pro Cyling still gets the shyte end of the stick. rant over.
  • crap. completely crap that there is no coverage of one of the most important days in British Cycling ever.
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
  • mr_poll wrote:
    To be fair to ITV the touring car schedule and transmission is probably a contract signed and sealed long ago, I doubt they could have predicted Wiggins would have not only entered the Vuelta but also be within touching distance of an overall win. Plus the coincidence of a critical stage falling on a sunday.

Thats true but at present ITV3 has about the umpteenth repeat of Kavanagh QC from 10 years ago, surely they could have bumped that and shown the Vuelta on ITV3 once they realised what was happening.

stuff ITV3, ITV1 has ladies of letters followed by midsummer murders, stick it on there
  • Well itv online is a decent quality feed with good quality pics. But feck me sideways the commentary is BORING!!!!!!!!!
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Has anyone else's ITV stream just died?
  • seems fine to me
  • Nope mines fine
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Yep, I got mine back by refreshing a few times
  • mr_poll
    Died but up and running again - agreed this commentator is putting me to sleep
  • bugger... mine's gone.