2012 Giant TCX 1

dulldave
dulldave Posts: 949
edited September 2011 in Your road bikes
OK it's not a road bike but I thought this would be the best place for it.

6109701430_132d7fd5ba.jpg

That's a small. It's got SRAM Rival groupset and Avid Shorty 6 cantis on it.

It weighs 20.6lbs with basic SPD pedals on it.
Scottish and British...and a bit French

Comments

• Looks good mate, any chance of a more side on shot?
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    dulldave wrote:
    OK it's not a road bike but I thought this would be the best place for it.

No, don't chuck it in the river.... I'll have it :wink:
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Awesome, they're great bikes. Does yours have the flared down tube and the press-in bearings? I got a 2010 frame which doesn't have this (not that it matters a whole lot) but I love thrashing it on MTB trails or taking it touring or just commuting on it. Its one of the best biking purchases I've made.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Nice bike - look forward to seeing how it compares to my Inbred this year :wink:
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    looks lovely and perfect for winter. Im a recent convert to cx bikes and love mine to bits.

Did a 50 mile road ride yesterday on mine it was a blast.

enjoy
  • Had to do a double take as in the pic the drop bars almost get lost and it looks like a flat bar bike

very nice, any more pics, side on views for example?
  • grantus
    I'll get some side-on shots when I am overtaking him in the SCX races this year. Will post them up in due course 8)
  • grantus wrote:
    Nice bike - look forward to seeing how it compares to my Inbred this year :wink:

It's no' aboot the bike son.
    grantus wrote:
    I'll get some side-on shots when I am overtaking him in the SCX races this year. Will post them up in due course 8)

You'd better stop guising aboot following time trials in your car and get training then mate, you've got a lot of ground to make up. Mind I'll not be able to drag you round the course in CX like I have to do in road races.

I'll also not be taking any more of you 'my head hurts' abandonment excuses. :D

I'll see if I can get some more side shots, it's a bit muddier now.
  • grantus
    :D Funnily enough, I am suffering with a severe cold at the minute so the cx season is hanging in the balance already :P
  • grantus wrote:
    :D Funnily enough, I am suffering with a severe cold at the minute so the cx season is hanging in the balance already :P

Aye that's one of those colds that seem to coincide with your mooth writing too many cheques

:D
  • Side shot, sorry it took so long. The bike is now considerably dirtier than this you'll be glad to know.

6163065919_4c747b9476_z.jpg
  • Very nice. What size are the front chainrings?

Doesnt look like much of a step up/down between them in that picture.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    dulldave wrote:
    Side shot, sorry it took so long. The bike is now considerably dirtier than this you'll be glad to know.

My commuter bike is mostly white, used every day and is still mostly white. I hope none of us would be glad to know you are mistreating a nice bike :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    edited September 2011
    i wouldn't say getting a cyclo-x bike muddy would be viewed as mistreating it
  • It's a 46-36 at the front which is fairly standard for CX but reckon I'll pop a 34 on there instead. The 36 would be handy for my road bike as I find the 34 is a bit too much of a jump from the 50 at times.

EDIT - oh and it looks better muddy :D
  • i got mine a my TCX a month ago. has international spec with shimano 105 shifters and FSA chain set. nice bike indeed!