Gisburn Hully Gully - Thank you!

BigColUK
BigColUK Posts: 69
edited September 2011 in Routes
To the chap with the Lancashire accent who convinced me to try Hully Gully today at Gisburn - THANK YOU!! What an amazing experience - can't wait to get back and ride it faster!

Also, to the people who designed and built it - YOU ROCK! I though that The Wall at Afan was mental but this blew me away!

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Rowen Sorrel designed and built. Volunteers and the FC rebuilt when it collapsed after it's first winter. Tis rather fun though I must admit, taken me a while to get to the tops of the big berms though, now I don't think twice about it.

We're currently build another section in a different part of the forest that will have a similar feel to the end of Hully Gully.

Have you tried Cragg Quarry yet, if not get up there, it to has some cracking flowing berms also designed by Rowen Sorrel.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Thanks for the info - not tried Cragg Quarry yet but will defo put on my list.

Not sure if you are the same Jon who has just emailed me through PMBA but if you are, then will hopefully meet up with you soon as I am keen to get my hands dirty and be part of the new trail build.

Cheers

Col.
  • stumpyjon
    Aye, one and the same, I get everywhere me :lol:

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    BigColUK wrote:
    Not sure if you are the same Jon who has just emailed me through PMBA but if you are, then will hopefully meet up with you soon as I am keen to get my hands dirty and be part of the new trail build.
    Col.

X2,

Went up Sunday and for the first time I lost it on Hully gully and its scary falling from the top of the berm, luckly it was soft and all i did was mucky my top.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • stumpyjon
    I've done that as well, it's only when you get off do you realise just how steep the berms are, the only way is down, on your backside.