Is it wrong to...

Willrideforcake
Willrideforcake Posts: 305
edited September 2011 in MTB general
... wear MX goggles with a regular open face trail helmet? On a recent trip to the Quantocks I got fed up of my eyes streaming on some of the combe descents (especially Smith's) whilst wearing Radars, and so resorted to using my O Frames instead (just for the downs, mind). Hey presto, instantly clear vision. Now I accept that I may have looked a complete eejit, but will I be summarily executed by the fashion police?
Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...

Comments

• its whatever works for you, if you feel more confident and its safer for you to wear them then wear them. As long as they are colour co-ordinated to colours on your bike you will be fine :lol:
  • I'm tempted to start doing the same, It's really pissing me off having to slow down on fast descents cos you can't see a thing in front of you.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    it's your head and your eyes you wear what you want....

i often ware goggles with my openface tld lid...
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    north-sure wrote:
    I'm tempted to start doing the same, It's really pissing me off having to slow down on fast descents cos you can't see a thing in front of you.

even worse when u wear glasses all the time... because being able to see is for the privilaged. when ur eyes p1ss , it can squirt allover the inside of ur glasses. then u really have to STOP, try to find some dry part of ur tshirt etc and wipe em clean.

i think my very next purchase "after" the "Hydration backpack" (as i seen it called on a website lol) will be some garish goggles :D i have my own style, and its usualy completely uncoordinated muahahaha :twisted:
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • kinmofo wrote:
    north-sure wrote:
    I'm tempted to start doing the same, It's really pissing me off having to slow down on fast descents cos you can't see a thing in front of you.

even worse when u wear glasses all the time... because being able to see is for the privilaged. when ur eyes p1ss , it can squirt allover the inside of ur glasses. then u really have to STOP, try to find some dry part of ur tshirt etc and wipe em clean.

i think my very next purchase "after" the "Hydration backpack" (as i seen it called on a website lol) will be some garish goggles :D i have my own style, and its usualy completely uncoordinated muahahaha :twisted:

Hey kinmofo, do us all a favour and stop Posting in "txt tlk" this is a Forum, not a freakin' Nokia phone
  • kinmofo wrote:
    north-sure wrote:

This is me.... I am a full time glasses wearer, I feel your pain. My glasses are fucked from wiping on the t-shirt however.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo wrote:
    north-sure wrote:

Hey kinmofo, do us all a favour and stop Posting in "txt tlk" this is a Forum, not a freakin' Nokia phone

sorry, i wasn't aware i was using text speak, im sorry i may drop the occasional "text speak" word or what ever etc. but its not like evry othr wrd s lke m spkn fkn txt u bg hry mpt!

im not being like all "oh poor me" or im not asking for sympathy etc before u flame me, i am dyslexic, and im crap with words, it take real concentration and effort for me to punctuate and spell correctly. so just give a brother a chance, and by looking at it, i replace "you with u and you're / your with ur" and thats aout it, so if u have such a big problem with it, speak to a moderator, instead of making a pointless pot about the way i type.

Prick!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • kinmofo
    north-sure wrote:
    kinmofo wrote:
    north-sure wrote:

This is me.... I am a full time glasses wearer, I feel your pain. My glasses are farked from wiping on the t-shirt however.

mine are like 2/3 rimless, so all the mud and dirt gets in the edges. impossible to clean!!! i look like a muppet in full rimmed glasses... so some decent goggles for my phat head i think lol

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • kinmofo wrote:
    sorry, i wasn't aware i was using text speak, im sorry i may drop the occasional "text speak" word or what ever etc. but its not like evry othr wrd s lke m spkn fkn txt u bg hry mpt!

im not being like all "oh poor me" or im not asking for sympathy etc before u flame me, i am dyslexic, and im crap with words, it take real concentration and effort for me to punctuate and spell correctly. so just give a brother a chance, and by looking at it, i replace "you with u and you're / your with ur" and thats aout it, so if u have such a big problem with it, speak to a moderator, instead of making a pointless pot about the way i type.

Prick!

Very adult of you to make a lame assed excuse then call me a prick.

NB: One of the senior Mods here is dyslexic, but he copes with it by using the browser based spelling and grammar checkers.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shouldn't that be prk?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kinmofo
    cooldad wrote:
    Shouldn't that be prk?

rofl yh yh ttly, cs i alws spk lk tht prk int yhyh lol omfg imho i cba idk rofl rofl :roll:
    NB: One of the senior Mods here is dyslexic, but he copes with it by using the browser based spelling and grammar checkers.
    well thats nice for him, but its "only" a forum, its not like im applying for a 75k a year top job and every little full stop and capital letter counts. like i said, its no excuse. thats just how i type, im not gonna change for you, or anybody so deal with it

Prk!

:lol:

p.s. raymond, i'm gonna START using just text speak, just for you. because of you, so if anyone has a problem with it, they can ALL blame you GL & HF!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • Carry on..

As per the Forum rules, which can be viewed on the Stikcies at the top:

3) Use proper English, the use of "txt talk" will be looked upon in a dim light. Do NOT post messages all in caps.

It's your membership at stake here, so please do carry on..
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Rampant bulls**t aside:

Do what feels right. You'll look a bit weird but then, all mtbers look a bit weird. Ideally do it like Crawfy:

crawfy%255B1%255D%255B1%255D.jpg

Mental look in eyes, going too fast, all the time.

As for glasses, try contacts.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • kinmofo
    well the moderators can see for thier self, where i didn't use text speak. but im guessing you;ve had a bad day, no suck from the mrs this morning huh? because you just picked on me at complete random. thanks its much appreciated!

you really know how to make someone feel welcome, i cant wait... and i mean i cant wait for you to even slip up, just once, so i can jump on you as fast and ferociously as you did to me.

Prk!

:lol:

dont get mad, get KROSS