MTB rider fail, sorry tale.

woodytitan
woodytitan Posts: 163
edited September 2011 in MTB general
Driving through a village today came across a rider coming in the other direction who called me a "Tw*t" for no apparent reason, it enraged me that much I stopped the car to "Discuss" with this person who rode off at a hurry but i stopped his mate behind and asked what the problem was with his mate, explained I ride and that I had done absolutely nothing to be called something like that.
I've since thought about my driving , what speed i was going etc and there is absolutely no reason for it, it has really peed me off and lowered my opinion on this fair sport/hobby of ours.

So, if it was you in Carleton near Skipton today drop me a PM and I will happily discuss further with you at a time and place of your choice.
'11 Cannondale Trail SL3

Comments

• maybe a little bit of road rage? if someone did that to me i would just laugh and carry on driving. chasing after them aint gonna solve anything.get over it i say.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    woodytitan wrote:

So, if it was you in Carleton near Skipton today drop me a PM and I will happily discuss further with you at a time and place of your choice.

strongmen-flex.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do you drive a BMW. If so was probably vwsurfbum.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12797959
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • So because one person calling you a naughty word, your changing your view on the sport and lowering your opinion?

You don't go out often do you?
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    so on the same basis, would you get out and "discuss" with another driver? because gettin out of your car can basically mean u want a punch up.

my advice is simple, dont be so sad. Everyone is different. he may have just had a previous altercation etc, dont take it to heart, dont bear a grudge, just let it go.

making a topic on a sad pathetic subject like this... tbch does make you sound like a tw@t! who's probably never had a fight, or even done contact sports who thinks anything other then a hand shake with a man is gay and has serious mother issues...

i'll stop now... :twisted:
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • kinmofo wrote:

Thank God, what you typed made no sense... at all...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    kinmofo wrote:
    who thinks anything other then a hand shake with a man is gay and has serious mother issues...
    I'm sure oiling up and wrestling together is perfectly fine, don't worry about it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo wrote:

Thank God, what you typed made no sense... at all...

i knw, it prbl cs i use txt spk al tme. soz :lol:

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • Road warrior attacked for getting aggressive by very aggressive forum keyboard warriors. How ironic.
    Canyon Nerve XC7
    Carrera Fury
    Specialized Secteur Elite
    Planet X Uncle John
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Forum poster fails to understand the meaning of irony. That's not ironic though, it's fairly normal.
  • Got over myself now, must be that time of the month!!

Just got used to seeing good guys out on their MTB's, you know always happy to help if you have a problem etc. anyway ranting over, and I drive a Mondeo not a BMW, if I did would have been fair enough!!

Oh Kinmofo, Black Belt Karate, Amateur Light Heavyweight boxer and just retired from playing American Football for Manchester Titans for last 6 years.
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    woodytitan wrote:

Oh Kinmofo, Black Belt Karate, Amateur Light Heavyweight boxer and just retired from playing American Football for Manchester Titans for last 6 years.

You beast you.

Go on, flex those muscles for us.
  • kinmofo
    woodytitan wrote:
    Got over myself now, must be that time of the month!!

good :)
    woodytitan wrote:

obviously not got over your self then lol, that is cool though, im a fat, salad dodging granny gear slipping burger eating txt spkn mofo 8) so dont fcuk with me either :lol:

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • Meatfox
    Meatfox Posts: 155
    yeh, defo discuss further.
    im sure if someone walked up to any of you in the street and called you a twat, youd probably have something so say about it there and then.
    there's obviously a reason for them saying it, then scurrying off. so an explaination is probably due.
  • woodytitan wrote:
    Driving through a village today came across a rider coming in the other direction who called me a "Tw*t" for no apparent reason, it enraged me that much I stopped the car to "Discuss" with this person who rode off at a hurry but i stopped his mate behind and asked what the problem was with his mate, explained I ride and that I had done absolutely nothing to be called something like that.
    I've since thought about my driving , what speed i was going etc and there is absolutely no reason for it, it has really peed me off and lowered my opinion on this fair sport/hobby of ours.

Maybe the guy just had tourettes? :wink:
    "Coming through..."
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Meatfox wrote:
    yeh, defo discuss further.
    im sure if someone walked up to any of you in the street and called you a fool, youd probably have something so say about it there and then.
    there's obviously a reason for them saying it, then scurrying off. so an explaination is probably due.

If someone ran up to me, said "tw%t" and then ran off I'd just think "wierdo", have a laugh and forget about it.

Not that it's not a strange thing to do.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Doesn't Karate and Boxing teach you self control ?
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    what we need here is a new forum member called "skipton rider" to join and complain about bad drivers.
  • kinmofo
    DCR00 wrote:
    Doesn't Karate and Boxing teach you self control ?

Apparently not it would appear. :lol:

dont get mad, get KROSS