Felt the desire to intervene!

solosuperia
solosuperia Posts: 333
edited September 2011 in MTB general
I was having a look round Halfords this morning for no other reason than to pass the time while the wife was somewhere else.
To get to the point, I heard this horrible metallic noise, I looked round and there was this spotty herbert using a rasp/file on the headset area of a mountain bike, the bike was bobbing up and down although it was clamped in a stand! He then attempted to tackle said headset with a large pair of pincers, closely followed by attacking with a hacksaw.
God knows what he was attempting to do, the bike did look new.
The only time I have resorted to those sort of tactics was when an ali seat post had welded itself to the down tube.
The young fellow had that look on his face that said "I have no idea what I am doing or indeed why".
Writing this feel guilty now, perhaps I should have offered advice if not a hand.
too late now!

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Awesome stuff.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You should have kicked him in the cake.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    some people in halfords are completely inept, whilst waiting over 45 mins to be serverd for an inntertube, i noticed this guy struggling to get enough tention on the chain of a BMX, after watching, with a slight grin i stepped over, took the spanned from his hands, said "watch, this is how u do it" and proceeded to have it done in less then a minute...

the poor guy must have only been about 17 or 18, he had no clue what so ever.

needless to say, i don't go to halfords anymore.
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS