Do you think this looks ok.

CAT69
CAT69 Posts: 376
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
just bought a boardman comp and put some wheels off my giant on it...what do you think

100_1603.jpg

100_1604.jpg

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I really like that and think the wheels suit it. Is that an XL frame by the way?
  • the bike looks well with those wheels.
    but the wheel trims on that poor car,they have to go. :D
    KEEP THE PEDALS TURNING
    specialized allez sport comp 2011
  • CAT69
    Thanks i quite like it......yes the stickers lol i was going to take them off and maybe put some reputable make stickers on them( a lookalike lol)

Yes it is an xl frame
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Can't put my finger on it but something just looks wrong to me.

Might just be the stickers but the funny coloured tyres don't help.

Those bars are really ugly too.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    No, I'm afraid not.

At all.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    A little concern must be paid to your valve/tyre logo alignment.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • CAT69
    Never noticed the tyre/valve alignment thanks for that.

What do find wrong with the bars.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Red on wheels doesn't go with the yellow on the frame.

But if you like it then enjoy.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    CAT69 wrote:
    What do find wrong with the bars.

They're a funny shape - just not a pleasant looking bend - and they almost look like they are sloping up at the front - and the hoods look a bit high.

If it's comfy fair enough but it just looks weird.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • CAT69
    they are the standard bars that come with the bike...but yes comfy enough
  • The bars are rotated much higher up than the bars are designed for. Suggest that compact bars would suit the owner more... Wheels would look better without decals as they don't go with the bike at all...
  • CAT69
    Thanks for all your feedback,appreciated.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    If it were mine, and all in my opinion :D ...

The wheels look good, I like stickers on wheels, ok the red/yellow un colour match, but TBH that dont matter,

Remove the rear reflector on seatpost, I hate them, and get a Exposure red flare... new handle bars, or at least drop them they look like the are sitting too high, and reroute cables underneath bar tape.

Pretty much it, its a nice bike!
  • Think the bike looks OK, it is after all personal preference thats matters as its your bike and as long as your happy thats all that matters!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Would look much much better with de-stickered wheels and black tyres. As it is it does look a bit naff to me.
    More problems but still living....
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    The red and yellow don't mix IMO but I guess you're not looking at it whilst riding. Be individual and F the haters my friend. My bike's a mess but I don't care. Just gives people something other than my slowness to laugh at.............................

Personally I'd strip the decals off the wheels OR the frame (if you can). Or maybe get a decal set in red for the frame. That'd be individual I suppose.

As for the bars, if they're comfy F the haters.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Cat 69, are you the same guy with the Cannondale & Giant with the bars rotated way high up? What is it with sky-high bars?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • gds08
    gds08 Posts: 948
    k-dog wrote:
    Can't put my finger on it but something just looks wrong to me.

Might just be the stickers but the funny coloured tyres don't help.

Those bars are really ugly too.

Personally I think that the 'bars are fine it's just that they're at a daft angle and the shifters/brakes are pointing up too high. Twist the whole lot down a bit and it'll look a million times better AND will be better to ride.
  • how do you find those wheels
  • CAT69
    for £120 ..very good
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    saprkzz wrote:
    If it were mine, and all in my opinion :D ...

The wheels look good, I like stickers on wheels, ok the red/yellow un colour match, but TBH that dont matter,

Remove the rear reflector on seatpost, I hate them, and get a Exposure red flare... new handle bars, or at least drop them they look like the are sitting too high, and reroute cables underneath bar tape.

Pretty much it, its a nice bike!

The cable comes out of the side of the shifters, I don't think shifting perfomance would be very good if you then bent them back on themselves and under the bar tape. The things some people will do for looks :lol:
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    You need new bars, plus the hoods need to be moved down a bit. Also take out all of those spacers.

Wheels look ok, but there's just something that doesn't look right.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    it's a bike, it looks fine.

Things to note if you care/do not care

wheel graphics and frame graphics do not mix well - up to you if you change it

Bars are set at the wrong angle and shifters as a result are facing upwards - need to rotate about 20 degrees to sort out - again - change it if you want too.

The stem on this bike is very short - are you sure the frame is the right size for you - or do you need a longer stem?