Specialized Tarmac Elite.

pole_2_pole
pole_2_pole Posts: 270
edited September 2011 in Your road bikes
Here is my Specialized Tarmac Elite, purchased in July this year. I've now slowly started adding and upgrading - the most significant upgrades being the rather pimped wheels! The bike originally came with a set of Shimano WHR 500s (which I'm keeping for training and winter use) and I have also added 105 calipers. I'd also like to upgrade the crank, too.

Specification below:

Frame: Specialized FACT 8r carbon, FACT IS construction
Forks: Specialized FACT carbon full monocoque
Bars: Specialized Comp Ergo, 6061 alloy
Stem: Specialized Comp-Set, 3D forged alloy
Headset: Cane Creek 1 1/8 upper and 1 1/5" lower Cr-Mo cartridge bearings integrated w/ headset
Bar Tape: Specialized S-Wrap, w/ gel

Front Brake Lever: Shimano 105
Front Caliper: Shimano 105
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano 105
Rear Caliper: Shimano 105

Shifters: Shimano 105 STI
Cables: Jagwire
Front Mech: Shimano 105
Rear Mech: Shimano 105

Seat: Body Geometry Riva Roa
Seat Post: Specialized Comp, FACT carbon

Cranks: Shimano(!!)
Chainring(s): 50 x 34T
Chain: Shimano 105
Cassette: Shimano 105, 10-speed, 11-28t
Bottom Bracket: With crankset

Front Wheel: Roval Rapide SL 45
Rim: FACT structural carbon rim co-molded with a welded alloy tire bead seat and brake track
Spokes: DT Aerolite butted spokes; 2.0mm round/2.3mm x 0.9mm bladed
Hub: carbon center tube with alloy flanges
Tire: Specialized Turbo Comp

Back Wheel: Roval Rapide SL 45
Rim: FACT structural carbon rim co-molded with a welded alloy tire bead seat and brake track
Spokes: DT Aerolite butted spokes; 2.0mm round/2.3mm x 0.9mm bladed
Hub: CNC-machined alloy body, high quality Swiss-made internals, ratchet and cassette body, and sealed cartridge bearings
Tire: Specialized Turbo Comp

Accessories: Sigma 1609 STS computer

Weight: Not yet known...

The bike rides very well, is strong, stiff and responsive. Plus I think it looks great! Its maiden voyage was a week of long rides in France which it dealt with beautifully. I'm very happy with it so far.

photo1brm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

photo2mhn.jpg

photo3cs.jpg

photo5pc.jpg

Comments

• very nice bike indeed! if you dont mind me asking though werent the wheels almost as much as the bike?!
  • That does look very nice, although I think less deep rims would look even better.

Still a cracking looking machine though
  • very nice bike indeed! if you dont mind me asking though werent the wheels almost as much as the bike?!

The wheels are secondhand from good old eBay!
  • Lovely bike. The wheels look great on it, but I can't help but think the chainset looks disappointingly cheap. It'd be the next thing I'd change if I were you.

Rob
  • Ber Nard wrote:
    Lovely bike. The wheels look great on it, but I can't help but think the chainset looks disappointingly cheap. It'd be the next thing I'd change if I were you.

Rob

^^^

What he said.