Time Atac Tensioning

Clever Pun
Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
My pedals are really horrifically easy to clip out of at pesent

one of the tightening things on a pedal has gone, how can I tighten the buggers?
Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
Fixed Pista- FCN 5
Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    More a workaround really, but IIRC, swapping the cleats around will increase/decrease the release angle, depending which foot it's bolted to.

Or you could replace the missing tightening thing with a replacement tightening thing...
  • ^^ what he said. but i think (on the roc atacs at least) there is a screw adjuster on the side with three positions for tension adjustment.
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I can pretty much pull my foot out straight up so I don't think swapping the cleat round will help in this case

I think they may just be borked
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    Can you stick a screwdriver into the side where the turney thing was and go clockwise? There are three positions for tension so if you can move whatever the turney thing did then that should fix it.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    I can pretty much pull my foot out straight up so I don't think swapping the cleat round will help in this case

I think they may just be borked

Swopping the cleats might help (left cleat in right shoe and vice versa) as it changes the release angle, making unclipping a bit harder. If you already have the cleats in this arrangement and the tensioning screw is totalled and your cleats are worn, I'd just get some new ATACs.

I always set the tension to level three on the pedals as soon as I get them.