Dragaon Sportive 2012

Vega 165
Vega 165 Posts: 9
Apologies if its allready covered somewhere but apparently the Dragon is getting a major overhaul for 2012. New venue and better medio route than 2011.

I did the gran fondo route this year (which was too tough for me TBH though I did finish) as the medio only had 1 real climb and not much distance. With the parking problems atart delays etc etc I was going to not bother next year but may sign up again now that they seem to be addressing the problems.

Next years medio is similar to the one a few years back going over bwlch Rhigos and Cimla hill. Not sure if the Gran Fondo is changed or not.

Anyone any thoughts on it?

Comments

• Each year the Dragon organisers continually promise to sort out the parking, starting, toilet and food stop problems but nothing ever seems to change. Maybe next year will be different but on past performance don't get your hopes up. I'm voting with my feet and will not be doing the Dragon again. If I were you I'd try another event next year and wait to see what people think of the 2012 Dragon before deciding whether to ride it agian.
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Here we go again .......................
    :roll:
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    not a hope after the feedback the last few years....but thousands will....
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I am tempted as I did it in 2007, completely unprepared for the length and climbing involved as I had only been riding a year and thought I was fit I feel like I'd like to go back now I have an appreciation of cycling and all it entails for a big ride like that. The reviews over the years have always been mainly negative......................still......................maybe. :D
  • It is a real mystery how an event which receives well deserved criticism in excess of praise year on year, is always oversubscribed.. it defies me
    left the forum March 2023
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    It is a real mystery how an event which receives well deserved criticism in excess of praise year on year, is always oversubscribed.. it defies me

Maybe many didn't find it as bad as others? I rode it last year and whilst the wait around at the start wasn't ideal, the rest of it was pretty good. Doubt I'll do it again but I personally didn't have anywhere near the problems a lot of folks on here seemed to have.