Crank Brothers unlucky or typical service

surreyxc
surreyxc Posts: 293
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
How have peoples experience of support from Crank Brothers been.

Trying to guage as so far they have been pretty bad. First i contacted Crank Brothers head office support email, I then went through telephone tennis with Anka Martin, who seemed unable or reluctant to tell me how much, where to return my broken egg beaters (snapped spring), after 4 or 5 emails I was told to contact 2pure.co.uk. Basic stuff they should have told in the first reply.

Response was slow but better, now a week after posting the pedals back no reply that they have been received or when I might see them again.

This is all to replace a spring, but I would seriously rethink before buying something uber expensive from them like a wheelset. Products are only as good as the support for parts, warranty and servicing.

So have I just been unlucky.

Comments

• Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Were the pedals to be repaired under warranty? If so, I'd suggest dealing with the retailer.

Never had to deal with CB directly, but have had snapped springs in eggbeaters replaced in about a week (inc. shipping) by taking them back to the retailer. No quibbles from CB, just fixed them and sent them back out pretty quickly.

TBH, I do love my eggbeaters (and candys too), but I'm not sure I'd spend big money on anything from CB as they seem a little less robust than other manufacturers. Just my opinion though.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    surreyxc
    Your Warranty is with the seller. not Crank Brothers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown