Package embarrassment

andrewlwood
andrewlwood Posts: 224
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
Literally.
New Assos bibs arrived today at work... unpacked, put under my desk. Someone else noticed before I did that I had a box under my desk that very clearly says '23% less pressure on genital area' on it...

Ah me.

Comments

• So long as it wasn't the hottest girl in the office..............
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    ...for the man who requires 23% more padding than the average man.
  • It's a hard thing when there is 23% more pressure on the genitals.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    http://www.assos.com/en/94/s5.aspx

I wouldn't settle for anything less than 24%.

• Sorry to hear of your humiliation...seriously. But how the f*** do they determine it's 23%? Marketing bs out of control!
  • Not another thread about shrinkage then.
  • Sorry to hear of your humiliation...seriously. But how the f*** do they determine it's 23%? Marketing bs out of control!

This.

Even if they had been able to measure it, the amount would surely change depending on , ahem, package size, due to the force being distributed over a larger, or smaller area.

What questions did your colleague noticing this actually raise though?
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    My 30 quid shorts are pretty good, I rekon they've got abit 7.654981457% more padding than the average shorts and about 0.0016968457% less than the assos shorts.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    freehub wrote:
    My 30 quid shorts are pretty good, I rekon they've got abit 7.654981457% more padding than the average shorts and about 0.0016968457% less than the assos shorts.

I'm 98.796561% certain this statistic has been made up.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    It's a hard thing when there is 23% more pressure on the genitals.....

It depends who's applying the pressure as to whether it's a hard thing or not........

Bob
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    BTW, has the owner of the OP confirmed that it was indeed the packaging for the cycling shorts and not this week's delivery of bondage gear?

Bob
  • Haha, very good point. He mentions the shorts then a box under the desk, doesn't actually state it was the box for the shorts.

He may have unleashed a secret unwittingly. Though if it is bondage gear, perhaps unleashing is the opposite of what happened when he got said box home
  • Would say more pressure rather than less for bondage gear would it not?
  • Would say more pressure rather than less for bondage gear would it not?

We'll take your word for it - you sound like you know more than us about it!! :lol:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    beverick wrote:
    BTW, has the OP confirmed that it was indeed the packaging for the cycling shorts and not this week's delivery of bondage gear?

Bob

This is how it should be wrote.

OP means Original Poster and Original Post.

No further explanation is needed as it is obvious which context it is referring to.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    edited September 2011
    freehub wrote:
    beverick wrote:
    BTW, has the OP confirmed that it was indeed the packaging for the cycling shorts and not this week's delivery of bondage gear?

Bob

This is how it should be wrote.

OP means Original Poster and Original Post.

No further explanation is needed as it is obvious which context it is referring to.

Thank you for educating us as to how things should be wrote.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    err written. :D

but i dont understand freehubs post Unless ..someones done some editting?

edit ooh ive just checked back and now the penny drops- but its still written
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Unbelievable.
  • I can confirm that the only thing in the genital pressure box was a pair of Assos bib shorts. Not in leather. Went for the model without the rear plug too.

Genital Pressure sounds like the sort of band I used to listen to in my long-haired yoof, though.
  • ah yes the new assos shorts , had mine on today, and even after making a genital numbing impact on the front right brake lever, and head butting the road whilst climbing a hill, as my Look pedal spindle snapped off, they certainly qualify for a 23% more cushioning award 2011 -
    incedentally whats the life expectancy of look pedals ??