Northerner travelling darrn sarrf

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
watch out you southern shandy drinkers, Mr Mudcow will be travelling down to Blandford Forum tomorrow to a music festival (End Of The Road) hopefully to drink a skin full of cider

going to make it into a bit of a road trip an go on A & B roads avoiding motorways

meeting my dad an brother down there, an the plan is to go to the Weston's cider farm on the way back
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Just make sure you wear your seatbelt :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bails87 wrote:
    Just make sure you wear your seatbelt :wink:

an dont go to Mc D's!!!!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • and leave people's wheels alone :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    and learn to park properly. :wink:
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Technically to some people your already a southerner just travelling further down south. I've always classed myself as a northerner until I went to Inverness and got :lol: at.... a sad day :cry:
  • Technically to some people your already a southerner just travelling further down south. I've always classed myself as a northerner until I went to Inverness and got :lol: at.... a sad day :cry:

I have to admit - after driving for 10 hours to get to Lossiemouth I realised just how far North you can go.

then taking another 4 hours the next day to get to John O'Groats.... (was kind of cool to stand at Dunnets Head and know the whole of the mainland UK was South of me)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    One of my customers near Edinburgh said his wife had taken the kids "up north". I told him I didn't know you could get any further north. He told me she was indeed at the end of the world.
  • try Orkney for Northness. its a 14 hour drive from London ! plus the ferry trip . bloody good diving though
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Plenty of London-centric tips here: http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/07/22/the ... formation/
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."