Klein Adept MTB stolen early hours of 31/08/2011

Tjones27
Tjones27 Posts: 54
edited September 2011 in MTB stolen
Hi, i am new to this forum, but last night some thieving gits stole my Klein Adept MTB which my unlce who passed away a few years ago gave to me in his will :(

i live in Salisbury

i have no idea what to do, i phoned the police first thing in the morning when i found my shed had been broken into. there where five bikes in there, and they took my racing bike out of the shed, but left it in the garden and took this one. it was all custom built.

it is a very nice Klein Adept pearlescent Purple frame
Hayes disc brakes,
Scwalbe racing Ralph tyres,
Chris King hubs front and rear (red)
Kuipps threadless headset,
Shimano gearset, i think XT,
fox shocks front and rear
and shimano flight deck 6300 i think.
i am more annoyed that they took this one as i had great sentimental value! the police still havent got back to me yet, as when i called yesterday they gave me adrime refernce num,er and said that they would give me a call within a couple of days!!!! but is there anything else that i acn do in the meantime. ive searched Ebay jsut inacse they are stupid enough to try to sell it on there, but does anybody know whereelse they might try and sell this so i can try and do something about it and be pro active.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Tj

Comments

• Could try looking on Gumtree or Piston heads.

Have you got the frame number or any photos you can put up on here for people to see?

Sorry for your loss
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • stupidly i didnt get a number as i have only just recently brought the bike back over from Germany! im having a hunt for some photos, and as soon as i find any i will post them. i jsut know that the little B******s will probably strip it and sell the parts! thank you anyway,

Tj
  • i have found a picture, but im having trouble uploading the picture. does anybody know how to do it?