Ridgeback Flight 01 2011

lloydwatkin
lloydwatkin Posts: 2
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
Hi guys,

I'm after some advice on the Ridgeback Flight 01 2011. I'm looking at picking one of these up from Evans at around £475.

I commute to work by cycling/running around 2 miles each way, not a tough route. I also do the odd 30 - 50 mile cycle. I really don't know a thing about cycles and as such I have a truely awful halford's own brand MTB. In the 5 months I've had it I've had no end of problems with it including a snapped chain and constant issues with chain getting stuff (resulting in injury a couple of times).

I'm looking to continue the 30 - 50 mile cycles and next year would like to do a couple of sprint triathlons although I'm not looking at being top 10% just going out and having fun so a bike set up for that isn't worth it, year round commuting/rides is more important.

Some of the reviews about the bike suggest that it doesn't take much to get it spinning (if that's the right term). I can get about 30 mph on the way to work out of the MTB as a reference (21 gear thing).

I'm looking to use the 12 month interest free credit from Evans as, although I have the cash, extra money in my pocket is preferable right now.

Are there better bikes at this price point? Is this too much for what I am after/need?

Advice/info gratefully received, Lloyd.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/rid ... e-ec025108