The Embankment Race

mozejo
mozejo Posts: 115
edited September 2011 in Commuting general
I've just moved from Dulwich to Putney and am now commuting down the Embankment in the evening , having used the Walworth Road previously . I cannot believe the intensity of the ride and the behaviour of all the road users I have seen . For once in my life I almost long for the safe behaviour of motorists in SE London.

Still , it hasn't half increased my average speed / effort which can only be a good thing.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mozejo
    Crikey that's a lot of posts .
    I promise to chase everyone down as hard as I can . Chased a guy on a De Rosa tonight and thought ' ooh that's too nice a bike for this ' . Was properly jealous though . Are you on the road 6 ish and if so how will I recognise you cjcp ?
  • cjcp
    Yep, it's a thread which keeps people on their toes.

I'm on Embankment around 6-ish. I'm on a red Sigma. You?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mozejo
    Haven't seen you as you probably whooshed past me somewhere .I join at Blackfriars Bridge and go all the way down to the New Kings Road . I am the classic overweight middle aged man in Lycra who shouldn't wear it but does , riding a Giant SCR2 but enjoying myself even though terrified .
  • Occasionally I'm coming down the Embankment at that time (north or south?) - Trek 2.3, green rucksack, sweating profusely.
  • cjcp
    mozejo wrote:
    Haven't seen you as you probably whooshed past me somewhere .I join at Blackfriars Bridge and go all the way down to the New Kings Road . I am the classic overweight middle aged man in Lycra who shouldn't wear it but does , riding a Giant SCR2 but enjoying myself even though terrified .

I've been off the road for the last few weeks, but I'm sometimes in Kingston Wheelers kit, with a hi-viz ruck sack cover. I've spotted one or two Giants on that route, so will keep an eye out. Say "hello" if you see me :-)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."