another zx5 film

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited September 2011 in The hub
Local sort-of bike park in Lincolnshire, still working on my editing skills and scenes so any comments of what you think is missing I'll take as advice for the next shoot.

Lincolnshire DH

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Blurry bits hurt my eyes and slo mo made me doze off half way through. So can't comment on the end.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bluechair84
    Really? You didn't like it? Ah well, I thought it was an improvement over the alps vid (I think you commented some disapproval on that too).
    You think the slomo is overkill?
  • cooldad
    Not disapproval. Maybe I should just stop watching vids - yours looks fine except it blurred enough to stress my eyes, but as I may have mentioned before, unless there is something different or exceptional, it's a bit like holiday snaps. Nice memory of a ride/holiday but who cares?
    Like to see some pics of me on holiday in a mankini?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    But seems like I am a bit of an exception, so as holiday snaps go, yours are not bad.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bluechair84
    Have the mankini pose as your avatar please 8)

There were a few shots that came out of focus, but was aiming for an interesting film of my closest riding spot. Next time's will hopefully be a bit more different as I'm building a couple of new mounts for the camera.
    I think you're right about the Alps film coming out like holiday memorabilia - I hoped it wouldn't be so blindingly obvious though.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cooldad wrote:
    Like to see some pics of me on holiday in a mankini?
    WOULD I? :D

Er... No, thanks
  • Film quality is not the best, riding OK, body armour should not be seen if worn, bit more variety in riding might be nice,

All in all, OK but not that gripping. As is so often the case bike videos either have to show exceptional scenery and trails or amazing riding - if you are going to show someone doing something average its got to be great looking footage not a gloomy day up north in a woodland time forgot.

I was chatting with someone recently about bike vids and he was commenting (on videos of our bike park) that so many films show people casing jumps, travelling at such a slow pace and whatever that it would put you off going to that spot unless you know it. The trick is to avoid portraying your local ride spot as a dreary place for dreary people. Bit like Cooldad's mankini shots might put you off Benidorm at this time of year.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • A buddy and I have been riding together for many years and we've started trying our hand at video editing, so composition was really our experiment here. We thought we got some nice shots for our second video, but we'll keep experimenting and work on getting a range of riding in for next time (but don't forget this is all amateur stuff, for fun, learning a new skill). The wood is really awesome to ride but not spectacular to film.

So I fairly agree with what's been said. but body armour; heard and not seen? Naah. Not something that bothers me personally.

--edited--