Sky Ride London - Sunday 4th. Post Ride Beers in Morpeth

2»

Comments

• snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Paul E wrote:
    I'm not going to make it anyway, woke up with a stinking cold, I thought I was getting a sore throat yesterday and now the motherload has hit, buggeration :(

MTFU? :twisted:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    On way, bit late. Eta pub about 12.30.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    snooks wrote:
    Paul E wrote:
    I'm not going to make it anyway, woke up with a stinking cold, I thought I was getting a sore throat yesterday and now the motherload has hit, buggeration :(

MTFU? :twisted:

Last time I did that I ended up on anti biotics and steroid tablets as it moved it onto my chest and it didn't play nicely with my asthma
  • sketchley
    Nice to see those that turned up, went for couple of laps of the route afterwards, although 3 pints or was it just the inbuilt SCRer in me meant that nobody passed me including a guy on carbon focus in team kit who seemed more than handed despite top spped through the tunnel....

Good day out...

Thanks
    --
    Chris

• Didnt get to St James' Park til 13:30, thoroughly wet and with a gash on my leg and a massive bruise on my elbow (see http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 0#17188240 )

What were you wearing Sketchley? I saw several Genesis Equilibriums in red... i did a couple of laps too and managed to get some clear road on the Embankment so put some power down, Garmin shows I hit 45.9km/h (27mph) which isnt bad considering the weather and the wind...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • sketchley
    I had Harlequins top on, couldn't miss me. Did see nsb at one point too.
    --
    Chris

• Bugger, it was you filtered past me when I got held up behind some bunch up at one of those crossing points, but didn't see you again...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • After stop-start trundle around before lunch I did a second turn after the rain had thinned out the crowds. That was really enjoyable once I'd got used to cycling through red lights. I think having rain was a great idea.