Specialized Prevail?

solboy
solboy Posts: 368
edited August 2011 in Road buying advice
Took my S Works helmet back at the weekend as no matter what i did i could not get the correct adjustments dialed in for the helmet to fit.

Problem is when i was there i tried the Prevail. At £160 it must be one of the most expensive helmets out there but i honestly couldnt believe the fit and comfort of this helmet.

Is there anyone on here who has one that can give me a good reason for not getting one? Must say the colour choices are a bit limited but i am stragly drawn to the Black and yellow version.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Loads of adjustability, very comfortable, very light and airy, which adds to the comfort, good head coverage and looks pretty good as helmets go.

Sorry boss but looks like you're £160 worse off! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • solboy
    Do discounts at all on the web so i assume its only just come out? My folks are off the the US next week and the best price i can get there is $220 (£140) so not worth the risk. May wait a while to see if the price comes down or wait for a discount at Evans to come through. That said i am not very patient :lol:

What do you think about the black and yellow version???
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Mate of mine won one in a competition and loves it.

I still prefer mine at the same price though - Giro Aeon. Fit is superb and its sooooo much cooler than my older helmet. Try as many helmets as you can to see what suits you best.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I did the same as you. Went into a Spesh Concept store. Tried a prevail on and couldn't believe the weight and comfort.

Found it even better in actual usage as the airflow across the head is great so much cooler than my last helmet in summer. Use buff in in spring/autumn for warmth and adjustability is great for accommodate extra cloth.

Pays your money and starve the kids.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    solboy wrote:
    Do discounts at all on the web so i assume its only just come out? My folks are off the the US next week and the best price i can get there is $220 (£140) so not worth the risk. May wait a while to see if the price comes down or wait for a discount at Evans to come through. That said i am not very patient :lol:

I prefer my red black and white but thats just personal preference.

The prevail has been out for about a year. I wouldn't expect a drop in price anytime soon unless you have a very small/very large head and find a bargain on some slow selling stock.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • solboy wrote:

Gash, £127.99 at Primera with discount code
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    love mine as well - former Giro Ionos wearer here. Much prefer the fit, light feel and venting of the prevail. I got a discount through my LBS club discount scheme, but still pricey....
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • guity
    guity Posts: 113
    solboy wrote:
    £127.99 at Primera with discount code

What's the discount code?
  • solboy
    MVC20BANKHOLS
  • solboy
    Just ordered one with the Evans 15BHDISC code which is good because they have a no quibble returns policy incase i dont like the colour of the black/yellow in the flesh.

As the gatwick warehouse is on my doorstep i should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks guys.