The downs link

joey21
joey21 Posts: 53
edited August 2011 in Routes
Going for a gentle one with my friend next week and planning on doing the downs link, how easy is it to get to the train station at the other end? And secondly, does anybody have the postcodes for the start/carparks or can show me on a map? Google hasn't worked in my favour on this one!

Many thanks

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Carparks have postcodes? :shock:
  • use streetmap to convert map locations to the nearest postcode.

at te bottom of the map, it says something like "click here to convert to co-ordinates"
  • joey21
    joey21 Posts: 53
    Aye my plan exactly! Just need the starting postcode if anybody has it.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's wrong with OS coordinates ?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Satnav
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • piquet
    piquet Posts: 83
    joey21 wrote:
    Going for a gentle one with my friend next week and planning on doing the downs link, how easy is it to get to the train station at the other end? And secondly, does anybody have the postcodes for the start/carparks or can show me on a map? Google hasn't worked in my favour on this one!

Many thanks

have a look at the ridewithgps site, use the OSM (open street map cycle) setting and hey presto! All will be revealed
  • This is the car park I've used in the past.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=50 ... 48480&lm=0

the nearest post code is GU5 9BQ

The train station is in Shoreham itself, not hard to find. I seem to remember you have to catch a train to havant and then another to Guildford. Although it's only 58km and flat as a pancake so it's easy to do there and back.