Chainreaction cycles don't give a damn abt the environment!

2»

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    edited August 2011
    Hmmm, here is an idea. If you are so worried about saving the planet, cycle to the bike shop and pick your sh!t up from there, save the "astronomical gas prices", and quite your bitching.
    And I don't understand your point about the one order? You realise fuel charges for shipment are 90% of the time charged based on weight. So if you buy 2kg of something and want it delivered, the total weight will be 2.2kg or something with the box regardless of the size. Fuel charge fluctuations lay most of the time with the distributors of the fuel, and are dependant on the market and political conditions in the area of their fields. Not directly related to size of boxes.

Aa far as the energy wastage, that is a completely different story to delivering things in a larger box. The difference between turning the t.v. and lights off, and leaving them on all the time is astronomical, both in terms of carbon expenditure as well as for the consumers pockets. The difference between shipping a product in a box exactly the same size as the product, and one of double the size, is almost non-existant in terms of carbon expenditure.

I bet you also go in to bike shops and argue with everyone about what needs to be done, since you seem to know best, even with someone who does that as their profession is telling you otherwise.
  • And no need to cut and paste when I do this as my job, it pays to know the related details.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I couldn't care less if they use Polar Bear skins to wrap their packages as long as they deliver my my wheels by the weekend I'm happy.
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    I'd be outraged if I, whats the word? Oh yeah. 'Cared'

This reminds me a bit of a discussion where some silly hippy was saying that Chris King, purveyor of fine bearing based products, and one of the most environmentally aware companies on Earth, wasnt so because they made stuff out of aluminium, and bauxite mining was destroying the planet.

No pleasing some people!
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Simon514
    Simon514 Posts: 35
    Gas? We call it petrol over here.

No need to swear and throw your toys out of the pram!
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    who cares about the size of the boxes?...where's the f.ing HARIBO!!?? :P
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    @ RichardSwt :lol::lol::lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Anonymous
    I heard it's actually Wiggle intercepting the parcels and putting them in larger boxes to give CRC bad press.

The Nazis!
  • Simon514 wrote:
    Gas? We call it petrol over here.

No need to swear and throw your toys out of the pram!

LOL, can't actually come with any facts or anything of interest other than commenting on one word, and if I remember correctly, I believe it was you who was throwing your toys out of the pram over the size of the box. You're a funny little character when you get completely shut down with real facts :wink: :roll: :lol:
  • Anonymous
    I've never received anything wrapped in a polar bear skin :cry:
    Except oral. Once.
  • Simon514
    Simon514 Posts: 35
    Na I don't really want to google, cut and paste info like some people lol Mr business virgin student.

:D:):(:o :shock: :? :lol::cry: :evil: :wink: :!: :?:

What was it again....Fellow e3 foundation...Cambridge....don't make laugh! Bit sad really having to look up google for that...pathetic.....
  • Simon514 wrote:
    Na I don't really want to google, cut and paste info like some people lol Mr business virgin student.

What was it again....Fellow e3 foundation...Cambridge....don't make laugh! Bit sad really having to look up google for that...pathetic.....

Feel free to pass me your email and i'll send you an email from my work account. Didn't need to cut and paste anything, I do this for work.
  • I've never received anything wrapped in a polar bear skin :cry:
    Except oral. Once.

You got polar bear oral? I want some!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Simon514 wrote:

Now that you've thrown your toys and made pretty pictures, isn't it bedtime?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
This discussion has been closed.