Rugby World Cup

2»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    No because when asked to explain your position you went all intellectual and called someone cock breath and then threw your toys out of the pram when someone called you out (yer mum, what a come back, WHAT a come back)

If you don't know what a coloured shirt, or what is then there really is no hope for you and at least we can relax knowing anything you say is worthless
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • explain my position? its self evident that i think rugby is poo- i dont have to justify that- its an opinion. as for being abusive i think if you read the posts youll find 4kicks was the first one to be abusive-you appear to be the sweetie with the pram!

still havent got a clue waht you mean about owning a coloured shirt? i own lots of shirts theyre all one colour or another perhaps i should as you sagely advise abandon hope?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Ignoring the abusive comments about Rugby it will be nice for a short time for the so called sports pages at the back of newspapers not to contain 99% football. few weeks ago before the new season started there were still considerably more column inches about football than about the England Cricket team becoming number 1 or Cavendish winning stages of the TDF.
    I prefer to do sport than watch it, not that I am any good. But when I do watch I try to go in without any preconceived ideas.
    Any sport can be described in puerile terms.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    perhaps i should as you sagely advise abandon hope?

Based on the performances of the England football team I'm surprised you haven't already.

Aaaaaaaanyway.

Back to fat blokes running into each other.

What do we think of Scotland? Dark horses to do well this year?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • i care not for the fortunes of team england- i'm not english!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    DesWeller wrote:

Honestly? No. I'm sticking with Les Bleus for Dark horses. Look at those photos and there are several "France shock the xxxx's." I still think it's the All Blacks to lose, but I would nt bet against the french pulling something amazing out of nowhere again....

Gatland's up to his tricks already - http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/ ... 47848.html
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    It's one of the few sports that is more homo-erotic than cycling....
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    DesWeller wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    Mozza1 wrote:
    Be really pleased if Wales do lose 3 group games & get dumped out. Would serve them right for behaving like they'd won the world cup when they beat England the other week!
    Prediction? England to reach the Semi's.........unlike the rest of the English speaking contingent from the NH.

Hey Mozza1 - it means a lot to us to beat England, what's wrong with celebrating a win? I think it would be a sign of arrogance to simply walk off the pitch and not celebrate a victory.

You won't notice, but when England win it's on the National BBC News - ITV News - C4 - etc etc, channels which us Welsh, Irish and Scots cannot get away from.

Anyhow, as for the World cup, I've learned through heartache and pain not to expect too much from Wales, but to enjoy the victories as and when they come.

I like to see Wales win, chiefly because Cardiff goes mental in a way that just doesn't happen on this side of the river, but I just feel that they are not sufficiently confident away from home. Not to mention Gethin Jenkins being permanently crocked these days. Mind you, South Africa are not exactly firing on all cylinders; an opening victory against the champs could be just the boost that you need.

Look at it this way, you could be Irish. Imagine scheduling 4 warmup matches and then somehow contriving to lose every single one. Starting with Scotland. You'd be feeling pretty desperate right now.

Hey DesWeller, lived in Wales for 38 years of my 42 years on this planet so I consider myself Welsh, however I am half Irish - Ireland are my number 2 - oh dear :D

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    edited September 2011
    ddraver wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:

Honestly? No. I'm sticking with Les Bleus for Dark horses. Look at those photos and there are several "France shock the xxxx's." I still think it's the All Blacks to lose, but I would nt bet against the french pulling something amazing out of nowhere again....

Gatland's up to his tricks already - http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/ ... 47848.html

I think Scotland will get a fright against Georgia, (just) scrape a win over Argentina and lose valiantly :wink: to Eng-er-land to go through second in the group.

To be utterly and completely destroyed by the AB's in the quarters.

My money's on Australia this year. Even if if the AB's don't choke at the semis, then they will struggle to contain an on-form and inventive Wallaby back line. Assuming Quade Cooper is on form......
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Are Southern Hemispherien sides still allowed to pass the ball forward?
  • benno68
    Are Southern Hemispherien sides still allowed to pass the ball forward?

Don't get me started Stewie. They certainly know how to "play" the referee, Richie McCaw seems to be the number one at this.

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Benno68 wrote:
    Are Southern Hemispherien sides still allowed to pass the ball forward?

Don't get me started Stewie. They certainly know how to "play" the referee, Richie McCaw seems to be the number one at this.

Absolutely. McCaw directs who is to infringe next until the ref gives a warning that the next one will be off - then it's his turn. It takes a brave ref to send the skipper off - never mind the AB skipper. Never mind the AB skipper at home. Never mind the AB skipper at home in the world cup.

Wonder if Betfred......?

-Spider-
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Benno68 wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    Mozza1 wrote:
    Be really pleased if Wales do lose 3 group games & get dumped out. Would serve them right for behaving like they'd won the world cup when they beat England the other week!
    Prediction? England to reach the Semi's.........unlike the rest of the English speaking contingent from the NH.

Hey Mozza1 - it means a lot to us to beat England, what's wrong with celebrating a win? I think it would be a sign of arrogance to simply walk off the pitch and not celebrate a victory.

You won't notice, but when England win it's on the National BBC News - ITV News - C4 - etc etc, channels which us Welsh, Irish and Scots cannot get away from.

Anyhow, as for the World cup, I've learned through heartache and pain not to expect too much from Wales, but to enjoy the victories as and when they come.

I like to see Wales win, chiefly because Cardiff goes mental in a way that just doesn't happen on this side of the river, but I just feel that they are not sufficiently confident away from home. Not to mention Gethin Jenkins being permanently crocked these days. Mind you, South Africa are not exactly firing on all cylinders; an opening victory against the champs could be just the boost that you need.

Look at it this way, you could be Irish. Imagine scheduling 4 warmup matches and then somehow contriving to lose every single one. Starting with Scotland. You'd be feeling pretty desperate right now.

Hey DesWeller, lived in Wales for 38 years of my 42 years on this planet so I consider myself Welsh, however I am half Irish - Ireland are my number 2 - oh dear :D

Oh man. You don't have any Italian blood too, do you?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Look at it this way, you could be Irish. Imagine scheduling 4 warmup matches and then somehow contriving to lose every single one. Starting with Scotland. You'd be feeling pretty desperate right now.
    Oi ! That's a bit harsh.... Surely having beaten Ireland (though admittedly not in Dublin) we will now go on and win the RWC. Oh wait..... that's En-ger-land, innit? :wink:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • England for the win.

That is all.
  • benno68
    DesWeller wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    Mozza1 wrote:

Oh man. You don't have any Italian blood too, do you?

Nope, a simple 50/50 split. Good job I don't like football.

Giant Defy 105 2009