Problems with wheel removal/reattachment -nexus hub

Mccrear
Mccrear Posts: 256
edited August 2011 in The workshop
i had a puncture on my charge tap, which after much you-tubing and reading i have managed to fix and remove the rear wheel. However when i have reattached it the gearing cable seems to move around in motion with the wheel!! this means after a couple of wheel turns the cable becomes with and wheel wont turn and handler bars are pulling left!! how do i lock the mechanism which holds the gear cable in place and avoid it hitting the chain.

ps i am a total 'tard and do not know any acronoyms/slang for any parts etc so "a dummys guide" will be needed!

cheers in advance

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like you have forgotten to fit some parts or have fitted them incorrectly.

have a read

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techd ... 600211.pdf

the non turn washers fitted correctly?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I normally remove the gear cable from the frame guide on the chainstay, giving enough slack to get the clamb out nof the hub with just fingers.

Refitting is the reverse of removal.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    You forgot the anti-turn washer. These prevent the axle turning and set the position of the cassette arm in relation to the dropouts. They are coloured according to the angler they set so you need the correct colour. Mine uses blue on one side, green on the other.