lake district routes

Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon Posts: 19
edited August 2011 in Routes
HI
Looking for road routes for a cycling day in the Lake district for a ride of about 40 - 50 miles in the Buttermere or surrounding area . Would also like some bnb recommendations too if possible . Many thanks.

Comments

• The-beast
    The-beast Posts: 140
    start in keswick, over whinlatter pass, in to buttermere left over newlands hause pass, then round over honister pass and back over whinlatter the opposite way and back in to keswick, nice 55 mile circular :wink:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/87227850
  • that does sound a beast of a route... Will have to give that one a try..

I always like doing a route that starts in keswick, To threkheld on the old rilway and then up blencathra and half way around switch to Skiddaw moutain and go around the back end of this down past the waterfall from the YH, Then all the way around the back of Knott & high Pikei into mosedale then pick up a bridleway to troubeck and head on to matterdale end before picking up the old coach road at Dockray all the way back to castlerigg stone circle and then home... got to be 60k i know.. Let me know if you want the GPX file..
  • Sorry... Just realised you said road routes... My bad!!!!! I must learn to read and not get excited first!