Chris King Hub Service in London?

TheStone
TheStone Posts: 2,291
edited April 2014 in Workshop
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a Chris King Hub serviced in London (preferably SW London)?

Fairly new R45 hub has a lot of play in it. Tried a few shops and none have the tool to service the hub and it costs a lot!!!

Emailed Chris King a couple of times ... but no reply which surprised me.
exercise.png

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Sigma Sport - haven of the spendy cyclist?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Well the importer Evolution is down in Bromley at Bromley BIkes so not that far to go to get to the source as it were.
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    I assume you've tried to adjust the hub yourself using the 'simple' method described in manual/CK online? You only need allen keys to do this and should be able to remove play. If not then Sigma would probably be able to help.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    pinkbikini wrote:
    I assume you've tried to adjust the hub yourself using the 'simple' method described in manual/CK online? You only need allen keys to do this and should be able to remove play. If not then Sigma would probably be able to help.

Was this. :oops:

I'd read the manual, but must've misunderstood what they meant. Someone from Chris King sent a short video and it was really simple. (surprised 2 bike shops didn't realise too)

thanks
    exercise.png
  • Hi everyone,

I can service Chris King hubs!!!

i've listed an advert on ebay offering this service if anyone is interested? the parts will be ultrasonically cleaned and its a professional level of service that I offer, for a lot less than the official servicers charges; full details on ebay just search for chris king hub service.

However I can't service road hubs that require the R45 tool, but i can do all the others...

Thanks

Wild Thing
  • AJG123
    AJG123 Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I know it may be a bit old but Cloud 9 Cycles (38 Store St, London, WC1E 7DB) can service all Chris King products.
    I just had my headset and hubs serviced and really happy with the result. Def worth a visit if you need any work done and they have a good stock of nice parts! :p
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,271
    Front or rear? The front is a 30 seconds job with 2 x 5 mm Allen Keys... the rear is not hard either, just a locknut with an allen Key.
    left the forum March 2023