I need some new routes/rides around Leeds / West Yorkshire.

johnnyhotdog
johnnyhotdog Posts: 142
I'm getting bored of my regular rides and I need some inspiration.

So, please give me some new ideas any distance and difficulty between 25 and 120 miles.

Thank you!

Comments

• SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    Try looking on strava for local clubs/riders and see what routes they use.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Take a look at some of my routes on Bikely. Many of them start from Hebden Bridge but it's easy to drive over here or less than an hour by train with your bike from Leeds. There are a few routes starting from north Leeds too.
  • Some cracking routes there, Colin. Going to try a few myself, as a change from my usual loops.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Some cracking routes there, Colin. Going to try a few myself, as a change from my usual loops.
    I'm glad that you like them.

As you can probably tell if you read my route descriptions, I devised many of the routes for CycleChat forum rides. Various CC members get together once a month or so to ride out to a cafe somewhere in the area. At least half of those rides start from Market Place car park in HB. In fact, we are doing another one out to Country Kitchen in Waddington on Sunday, 18th September. Details here. You'd be welcome to join us if you like the sound of it.

I don't know if you have heard about the Season of Mists audax event? If you haven't, it is one of the routes I described on Bikely. It takes place the first Sunday of October each year from Salem Mill next to HB co-op and I highly recommend it. Just don't ride it in the monsoon conditions that we had last year. I abandoned at the end of the Long Causeway and returned on the valley road which flooded shortly afterwards! Retaining walls were washed away in Todmorden and whole trees were being swept downstream by the swollen river! :shock:

I just had a quick look at your blog - that Australian trip sounds great!
  • Steve GT
    Steve GT Posts: 383
    What regular rides do you do in Leeds?
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • ColinJ wrote:
    Some cracking routes there, Colin. Going to try a few myself, as a change from my usual loops.
    I'm glad that you like them.

As you can probably tell if you read my route descriptions, I devised many of the routes for CycleChat forum rides. Various CC members get together once a month or so to ride out to a cafe somewhere in the area. At least half of those rides start from Market Place car park in HB. In fact, we are doing another one out to Country Kitchen in Waddington on Sunday, 18th September. Details here. You'd be welcome to join us if you like the sound of it.

I don't know if you have heard about the Season of Mists audax event? If you haven't, it is one of the routes I described on Bikely. It takes place the first Sunday of October each year from Salem Mill next to HB co-op and I highly recommend it. Just don't ride it in the monsoon conditions that we had last year. I abandoned at the end of the Long Causeway and returned on the valley road which flooded shortly afterwards! Retaining walls were washed away in Todmorden and whole trees were being swept downstream by the swollen river! :shock:

I just had a quick look at your blog - that Australian trip sounds great!

Thanks Colin. Yes - I've had some brilliant riding in Australia, all thanks to a willing family member in my support car! I really wanted to get out into the desert, but I'm told that's another 1000 miles West :o

I'll see how I'm fixed for the 18th, but that's a hilly ride and I'm a big lad. I wouldn't be wanting to hold you all up.