Bournemouth Area - Bank Holiday Monday Ride

Anyone in the Bournemouth area monday , there's a ride leaving Parley Cross at 9 am going to Wimborne , up the Tarrant Valley to Gold Hill ,Shaftesbury and returning via Zig Zag Hill , Wood Green and Ringwood....approx 80 miles.

Average speed 16-17 mph.....all welcome .

Comments

• woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    hmmm......think I might have bumped into you on the New Forest Rattler with my mate from LV? Any idea what your eta is in Wimborne?
  • Ah...you sure did..in the queue for the excellent sausages!

If we leave at 9.05 , the route is along Ham lane ,right at Hampreston , thro Stapehill,down Uddens Dr to the dead end at the A31.Through the gap in the hedge, along Pilford Lane to Holt (will be at the New Inn at 9.25).Then via Chalbury Common and Hinton Martell to Witchampton (9.40).Then after descending the cliff(10am)right at the bottom and the long drag up the Tarrant Valley.

Hope that helps....and look forward to seeing you (2?) again.

Let me know where you'll be and we make sure we pick you up en route.

Cheers

Steve
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm still in negotiations with the wife regarding my release on Monday. If successful I will see you at the New Inn, I'll make sure I'm a bit early so I don't miss you.

Please don't wait around for me, if I'm not there keep going and enjoy your ride!
  • OK....if you can't make it , our regular rides are ;

Tues 6pm at Primera - avg 17- 18 mph

Sat 8am at Waitrose on Xchurch bypass - 35 miles avg 18

Will post details of any one off rides on here or you can find details on the i-Team forum, as i'm hoping most of the saturday morning riders will join me in signing up to the i-Team Red Train and make this our weekly club ride.One has already ,with another 3 definites.

If you join now , you will get 2012 membership included together with a short sleeve team top (as modelled by me at the Rattler, although that was last years edition).

Cheers
  • Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    You 2 are making me feel old and slow. I would be lucky to do an average of 12 to 15 over that distance. I haven't done much since I got back from cycling to Paris in May so I am feeling unfit. Not helped by ear ache and antibiotics puting me off risking any significant cycle. Hope the weather holds up for you. It has been very variable this weekend.
  • Top ride today culminating in Gold Hill at Shaftesbury , all but one made it up (cobbles are getting a bit green and slippy these days was his excuse!)

83 miles with avg 16.7 now finds me collapsed in a heap in the sun !