RichN95. Posts: 27,157
edited August 2011 in Pro race
Who is the best (lead) English language commentator
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Who got your vote then Rich?

When starting a poll, I like to hold back so as to keep my vote confidential.

But as you ask, I'll go for Harmon over Keenan due to familiarity and the benefit of a wing man (I do really rate Keenan)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Rich i definitely agree with everything you just said. Harmon is the best, Liggett is losing it (some say has already lost it eg. TdF stage 17 descent calling Hivert when he crashed Olano) and Matt Keenan is very good but needs someone with him to talk, fill time, add anecdotes/stories etc.

Earlier in the year he commentated on the Giro for SBS (Giro not being an ASO race meant he wasn't doing it for ASO) and SBS had an offsider for him (can't remember at the moment and i don't think it was Dave McKenzie like a few times before) but i thoroughly enjoyed it and wished the ASO would do something similar.
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Simon Brotherton needs to be in that list. Just cos the guy's on radio, many don't get to hear him, which is criminal.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    The Burwarton Buddie. :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,710
    John Bunnell...
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Harmon does a fine job, certainly during those many days when it was Columbia playing cat and mouse with the breakaways, or even during the more difficult times like early on in the Giro. More people bash Liggett than they do Harmon when the inevitable moaning about commentators during the Tour happens. I like to think that's a reflection of a job well done.

Oh, and who can forget his little outburst following the 2009 World Championships. Passion.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Wow I'd have though 'just complaining' would have had most votes with the whinging on here.
  • If my mind hadn't already been made up, Harmon's commentary on the stage after Wouter Weyland's crash would have sealed it.