PayPal Advice

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited August 2011 in The hub
Evening all

Having some PayPal issues and was wondering if anyone had similar and what they did to resolve

Bought some wheels off Superstar about two weeks ago. Paid £146 of the £167 out of my PayPal balance (payment for my old wheels) and the remaining from my bank balance.

Last week i get an email from PayPal saying they have reversed the payment cause my bank have disputed the Direct Debit (dont know what this means, neither do my bank it seems). DD was only for £20 and there was enough money to cover it.

My bank are saying i need to speak to PayPal and PayPal are saying its an issue with my bank (no surprises there)

Have tried resending the whole amount again, only to get an email today saying my bank have disputed the DD again. To add to this, my bank have also refused to pay two more invoices through PayPal.

I dont really know what to do. Neither of them seem willing to take responsibility for this.

What im most concerned about is p*ssing off Superstar, who i buy loads of gear from, and ive already had an email from their Director asking me to pay my bill

Anyone else had a similar problem ? how did you fix it ?

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Can't help you with paypl/bank arguments - assume some security software at your bank is taking over.
    Can't you just pay SS by credit card, or do a bank transfer, or send them a cheque.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DCR00
    thats what i thought for the first one, but for 3 more payments..?

i have some extra money in PP now, so will pay out of that

Just annoying and PP have been less than helpful
  • have you cancelled the DD from your bank?

I still have a bank transfer as my main payment from paypal, but I deleted the DD from my online banking ages ago because I didn't know what it was.

Now I get an email saying the DD failed and the money is taken from my second payment source.... being my debit card.
  • DCR00 wrote:
    Have tried resending the whole amount again, only to get an email today saying my bank have disputed the DD again. To add to this, my bank have also refused to pay two more invoices through PayPal.

As Monkey say is the PayPal Direct Debit still showing on your account - should be available to see with Online Banking if you have it ?

I have "Instant Payment from my Bank" as my primary payment source with a DD set up for PayPal. I rarely have a PayPal balance so payments in whole taken from my bank by DD.

When was the last time PayPal took a DD payment - has it been cancelled due lack of activity ? Is payment normally from your bank or a PayPal alance if you have money coming in too ?

FF
  • DCR00
    the bank said that the DD is still active, so thats the wierd thing
  • Sure its a genuine email?
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Setup an alternative payment method and deposit the money into your paypal account directly.

Did you verify your paypal account by sort code and account no?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • DCR00
    yep, all verified

checked today and the money that went in recently has paid all the invoices that my Bank were disputing, so hopefully thats an end to it now

thanks for replies