FRIDAY THREAD

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
who is prettier - your current girlfriend or your best looking ex?

Comments

• clarkey cat
    most people have had a real stunner in the past but generally settle down with about a seven. Have you?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    No exes.

Is that particularly odd?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • My Mrs is hotter than my ex, all of them, combined.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    rjsterry wrote:
    No exes.

Very
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    My wife, without a shadow of a doubt. She just doesn't know it, which is why she puts up with me.
  • clarkey cat
    I guess part of it is that your tastes change. I used to really like blonde sloany girls - so generally quite eye-catching but my Mrs is an understated beaut.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Exes are just that. I've had many waaaaay hotter (in a conventional sense) than my wife - but none that I wish to grow old with.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • clarkey cat
    Exes are just that. I've had many waaaaay hotter (in a conventional sense) than my wife - but none that I wish to grow old with.

^^^

Is this kind of how your groom's speech went?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Nice try, current girlfriend.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Having met the o/h's ex wife and an ex girlfriend I do wonder why he puts up with me :?
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Wife is better looking and much hotter than current g/f, no doubt. When I told her this though she wasn't as chuffed as I thought she'd be to receive such a compliment. Wimmin eh? Kuh.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    My wife, without a shadow of a doubt. She just doesn't know it, which is why she puts up with me.

+ 1
    CiB wrote:
    Wife is better looking and much hotter than current g/f, no doubt. When I told her this though she wasn't as chuffed as I thought she'd be to receive such a compliment. Wimmin eh? Kuh.

Man points awarded :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    SimonAH wrote:

if she reads that, you're dead
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    there's also the point of exes and friends plus generally being earlier on and are younger and more 'ripe' should I say. Whereas as you gotten older with the girl you love enough to stick with age plays a part. Should you really be comparing and 18 yr old to a 30 year old for example?

This is in no way an indication about my missus...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Well - if you're going for out and out hotness, my last g/f before my (very soon to be) ex- wife) was the hottest. Mind blowingly good looking. Shame she was married.

(Soon to be) Ex- had something extra though - which made her far more attractive and I dumped the mind-blowingly hot girl for my future wife.

Although - there was the girl I split up with before the mind-blowingly good looking one whose photographs I stumbled across on some whacky fetish site. That was a shock I can tell you. :shock:

(before anyone picks up on the "whacky fetish" thing - it was almost entirely for innocent reasons.... almost....)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Yeah, you dropped a book on the keyboard and it somehow typed in a URL :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Further to Clever Pun's reasoning -

In my twenties I had some very attractive girlfriends including a triathlete, a karate black-belt - both were petite, pretty and seriously fit - and a woman who literally caused a traffic accident just by walking down the street - a guy staring at her drove his Porsche into the back of the car in front of him.

My wife is in her late-30's so it's probably unfair to compare her to women 15-odd years younger who were arguably in their physical prime. Having said that, I'm sure my wife is more beautiful than any of the exes are now.
  • Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    rjsterry wrote:
    No exes.

Nope never had a ex either!

David
  • Mrs. Elephant knocks them all dead, quite the loveliest woman I've ever seen. Plus, after a tough, head windy commute, she's just brought me a bowl of recovery crumble.
  • Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    Mrs Twisterboy again knocks them all dead as well, plus I don't know how she puts up with me half the time :lol::lol:

David
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I don't like comparing women in that way.

I believe attraction can grow or increase so my perception is skewed. Also the things I find attractive about a asian woman are different to the things I find attractive about a alack woman or a white woman.

So I don't really like to say X girl is hotter that Y.:oops:

Plus I depise all my exes.

Now ranking bedroom performance... that I can do. Ms DDD is the best.

Also older woman 30yr olds are hotter than 18yr olds IMO :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    I've been with my current g/f for so long that she is now almost twice the age of my most recent ex. She's a looker but she was never really my (physical) type to begin with. But attraction is about more than looks, and I find that the older I get the broader my perception of beauty becomes. My eyes are drawn to women that I would probably never have noticed before. Of course, that may just be a tacit acknowledgment that I'm not as young or as handsome as I used to be.
  • Twisterboy wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    No exes.

Nope never had a ex either!

David
    Nor me... have known Mrs OB 34y and will have been married 31y this October...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • veronese68

Although - there was the girl I split up with before the mind-blowingly good looking one whose photographs I stumbled across on some whacky fetish site. That was a shock I can tell you. :shock:

(before anyone picks up on the "whacky fetish" thing - it was almost entirely for innocent reasons.... almost....)

Noone has written "pics or it didn't happen" yet, how odd.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Veronese68 wrote:

That's because I can't actually post any pictures that won't get removed instantly.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,346
    CrackFox wrote:
    I've been with my current g/f for so long that she is now almost twice the age of my most recent ex.

That's an awful moment when you reach that age.

It's right up there with the first time the hairdresser asks if you want 'something done' with your eyebrows.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Veronese68 wrote:

That's because I can't actually post any pictures that won't get removed instantly.

But you could PM me the link.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

But you could PM me the link.

Would a link be unsuitable and hence removed?