Another (slightly more specific) saddle search

Boy Lard
Boy Lard Posts: 445
edited August 2011 in MTB buying advice
I currently have a Charge Spoon on my hardtail. It's now 12 months old, it has lost it's 'spring' and is starting to feel pretty harsh on longer rides. I really like the saddle, it's very good value for money, it looks good, it's easy to get off the back (a problem I've had in the past). The only thing that I dislike about it is the stitching round the edges which can rub a bit. So, I am looking for something similar in shape, maybe slightly more padding, hopefully not breaking the bank. Suggestions please.

Comments

• Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    There are a fair few saddles that are actually made in the same factory, with exactly the same body and rails but a variety of different outers and padding.

I do beleive the madison flux is almost identical to the charge spoon, except slightly different stitch pattern and ever so slightly more padding which may help. There is also the Gusset R saddle which, again, has the same body and rails, slightly different padding and no surface stitching atall. My brother has a cannondale saddle that came on his trail sl5 that has the same body and rails yet again. Feels a little firmer than my spoon at the back but softer on the nose, and has no stitching on it, but doesnt feel like it's made out of quite so durable material.

If you like the shape of the spoon then there are many options for you!