Replacement bushes for shimano saint shadow rear derailier

funnyman84
funnyman84 Posts: 5
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

After paying god knows how much for a shimano saint rear derailier, having used it for about 12 months and the bushes have now gone in the mount, rather than paying £100 for a new one does anyone know if it is possible to simply replace the bushes and if so how i can find out what size they are, as i do not have any precision measurment tools!

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    which bushes?

sorry but there are a few in there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sorry im not to techy, but the ones in the main pivot where the derailier mounts to the frame/frame mount.
  • nicklouse
    picture and point it out as it depends on how it is configured as to which you may be talking about.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • dont seem to be able to post picture from my computer so have emailed you

cheers
  • mister p
    mister p Posts: 405
    This is the exploded diagram of a current Saint mech. Do the parts you want have a number attached to them?
  • nicklouse
    mister p
    he is after the bits that bolt the B axle to the frame and maybe the B axle.
  • mister p
    Parts 1 and 3 on the exploded diagram?
  • nicklouse
    this is the picture he sent

derailier.jpg

so I would say yes
  • mister p
    That means he needs part number 5WN 9810 which is £6.99 and 5WN 9812 which is £24.99
  • Yes part one and three, thank you very much saved me some major cash!

Have just had a quick look online and cant find anywhere selling these parts so am just about to head off to my local shimano dealer

cheers guys
  • mister p
    If you give them the part numbers I gave above they are the codes the Shimano importer uses so your retailer can order them really easily.