XC'ing people in Kent, and new tracks you've found?

chrisjnr19
chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
edited September 2011 in Routes
Looking for new people to ride with really, the majority of the fellas that I usually ride with have gone all 'Hardcore Hardtail' and some fulls sus :( , So people that ride XC around the Maidstone/Tunbridge Wells area (Tracks like Bedgebury)??

Oh and any new (good) places to ride, anywhere in Kent really? :D

Thanks

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Have a look here for some ideas mate - not all in Kent but OK to get to from where you are with a car.
    http://www.mudtrail.co.uk/

Bedgebury is still the best bit of XC/single track in Kent IMO and I will be heading there fairly regularly once the schools are back (I'd rather live in Wales as Kent isn't the best county for MTB'ers, but that's another story).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    My mates and I go to Bedgebury a fair amount, and it's probably the best bit of xc singletrack in Kent we're aware of.

We tried Penshurst Off Road on bank holiday - great if you're into freeride or 4X/Downhill, but not really our thing. There used to be some singletrack there apparently, but we couldn't find it (suspect it's not been maintained) - so consequently we found the riding very bitty (although we could ride back up to the top, rather than push them back up... :lol:)

If you've got a car, then the Surrey Hills are good. Not such a bad drive from Maidstone, and taking Peaslake as the centre, there are some great trails around there to ride - particular favourites are Barry Knows Best (aka Golden Birdies) and Parklife. There's also one we call Telegraph Road, but no idea if that's the real name. Leith Hill & Pitch Hill are good too.
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    My in-laws are from Crawley, so have been riding round Tilgate a fair bit too - it's good - loads of xc trails, but the last time I was there (which is a long time, admittedly), there was a lot of logging going on, so I'm not sure of the state of some of the xc bits...

But it's more of an explore and find trails, rather than Bedgebury that has clearly defined sections (unless Tilgate has changed since I was last there)

If you go, and do the trail that crosses the stream, I've been off in that a couple of times...
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • Have you tried riding with the Cyclepathix - tend to ride from Aylesford on Sunday morning (but check the facebook page for more rides/details). They tend to be quite big rides, but are good fun.

I'm in Paddock Wood and ride from here to Bedgebury, up to Mereworth, Pembury Woods area and Bewl occasionally.

Have some maps and continually trying to find new trails/routes

ATB

Simon
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    You could always tag along with us at www.SketchyMTB.co.uk

We ride all over Kent (and sometime further). Mixed ability and all sorts of disciplines.

All welcome ;-)
  • These guys do night rides throughout the year ... Tuesdays is the slower paced ride (still pretty fast) Thursdays is the faster paced ride ... both are great fun, led, leave bigfoot bikes in hayes at 8:30. NEED proper lights, (they do hire them, need to pre-book), its a real friendly bunch/crack !.

Its XC, various routes...biggin hill/addiscombe .. through woods/parks/edge of airports, great fun! Jumping on roads to connect up here and there

http://www.bigfootbikeclub.org/index.ph ... r&calendar[view]=event&id=877&date=20110927