how does it work?! i mean... how?

drkawaszelong
drkawaszelong Posts: 260
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
how does this forum reply email service work on here? i mean, it'll send you emails, until you look at the thread? and if you don't look, and there are a million replies, it'll only send 1 email....

aaahhh

i'm just gonna stare at these bikes until i sort out the system. http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/r ... enge-31451

Comments

• neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    On the bottom right of each post you can click on the PM (personal message) button to contact someone. When you click on the blue Forum button you will be directed to the main forum contents page. At the top left (under the blue ProCycling ad) there will be a message telling you if you have any new messages. You can change the settings in your profile so that you get an e-mail informing you of any new messages.

I think that was what you were asking :-s
  • DrKawaszelong > your assessment of how it works is correct. I prefer it that way to receiving an e-mail after each post. I end up with loads of e-mails from some forums.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it works by sending you one mail after for any replies between your visits.

so one notification may cover 1-X replies and then after having visited the thread you may get another mail again letting you know there has been 1-X replies. Why would you want 500 mails for 500 replies when all you need is one?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown