Best software for creating map?

jim453
jim453 Posts: 1,360
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
I'm planning a route for a group of friends.

I'd like to send them a map of the route with information about climbs and points of note along the route. I'd also like them to be able to move an active point around the route and see where this point is tracked along the route profile so they can see detail about climbs easily. I've seen this a few times in info from organised events I've ridden.

I'm familiar with mapmyride and bike route toaster and use these to plot my own rides but never used them to prepare a ride to show to others.

Will MMR or BRT do the trick? or does anyone know any other useful software? I'm not the most IT savvy individual and do not use a garmin so ease of use would be a big bonus.

Thank you

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    I always use ridewithgps.com to share routes, but I xpect they all do pretty much the same thing.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    If you use Bike Route Toaster then you can share the route and make it public, it will then give you a link to email/post to your friends!
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Alternatively if they've got google earth installed locally, you can use one of the many free tools/websites to create the route, export this as a kml file then email it to them. Google earth will allow for elevation profiles etc.