One of those crap night sleeps with too much dreaming..

freehub
freehub Posts: 4,257
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ever had one of those crap night, when some of the time you're half awake and still dreaming, so you're believing everything in yer dream.

I was dreaming last night whilst half awake, I need new chainrings and crank arms for my bike, so on the computer I downloaded the "Crank Arm" installer, I ran it, and then I somehow got new cranks on my bike.

I've forgot the other one, I was half awake and I was thinking so hard, I think I was in a pro cycling team and trying to work out something.

Anyway, I woke up fully and thought WTF was I thinking none of it is real.

And it kept happening, I got one crap nights sleep cause of it.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Once, when I was still at school, I had a very lucid dream about a girl I fancied. In the dream, we were a couple.

It was so lucid it took me about half a day to work out it didn't actually happen.

The penny dropped when she asked me why I was behaving 'strangely'.

Oh dear.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    I have really lucid dreams, but as soon as I wake up they evaporate, so I loose the whole thread of what they were about. Dammed annoying that!
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • timmyturbo
    timmyturbo Posts: 617
    had a weird one last night , i dreamt i was playing BATTLEFIELD 2 , army team player first person shooter game , i got into the helicopter to fly , and then i was in the helicopter (in a TRON like fashion) i was just starting up the helicopter after realising they were real controls , and them some some fat ladies got in with their shopping , i asked them if they needed a lift , and they said take us to the bomb silo's on the edge of the airfield , so they can blow it up with C4 and get the "POWER SWORD" , way trippy , and i have not played it for 2 years .

cheers :shock:
    Britannia waives the rules
  • timmyturbo wrote:
    had a weird one last night , i dreamt i was playing BATTLEFIELD 2 , army team player first person shooter game , i got into the helicopter to fly , and then i was in the helicopter (in a TRON like fashion) i was just starting up the helicopter after realising they were real controls , and them some some fat ladies got in with their shopping , i asked them if they needed a lift , and they said take us to the bomb silo's on the edge of the airfield , so they can blow it up with C4 and get the "POWER SWORD" , way trippy , and i have not played it for 2 years.:

I used to dream about call of duty after long gaming sessions but fat ladies and power swords sounds crazy. :wink:

I used to have dreams with my eyes open when I was a kid, you'd think someone was in the room with you but you can't move your body or talk - just your eyes. This is really freaky. Actually... this happened when I used to live near Alnwick! :o
  • timmyturbo
    [quote="

I used to dream about call of duty after long gaming sessions but fat ladies and power swords sounds crazy. :wink:

I used to have dreams with my eyes open when I was a kid, you'd think someone was in the room with you but you can't move your body or talk - just your eyes. This is really freaky. Actually... this happened when I used to live near Alnwick! :o[/quote]

its pretty old and spooky up here sometimes , 10's of thousands of men cutting each other up for the right to wear or not wear Kilts , all in the fields nearby , should of got skinny and tranny to introduce them them to "CULOTTES" LOL :D

cheers
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    I remember being told about some cursed bottles in a window of an Alnwick shop by a guy I went to Uni with.............and I don't think he was talking about the the bottles of Alnwick Mead either
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Once, when I was still at school, I had a very lucid dream about a girl I fancied. In the dream, we were a couple.

It was so lucid it took me about half a day to work out it didn't actually happen.

The penny dropped when she asked me why I was behaving 'strangely'.

Oh dear.
    Saved your mum having to starch the sheets, no doubt.
  • Dreaming within a dream is pretty freaky
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Dreaming within a dream is pretty freaky
    Very freaky. I've spent a morning wondering if I was awake or not. :?

When I was a kid, my bike was stolen by some scrotes. A couple of weeks later I had a lucie that I'd got a new bike for my birthday. It was so real that when I woke up I belted down the stairs, bolted my breakfast and haired out to the shed to go out for a ride. I can still remember the feeling of confused disappointment that there was no bike there. :cry:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • My wife has had quite a few dreams where something bad happens, (read I have done something bad), and the dream seems so real she is pissed off with me the whole day because of something she dreamt.

Normally takes a day or 2 for her to come around when that happens, since she never believes me when I say it never happened, and ti was just a dream.
  • My wife has had quite a few dreams where something bad happens, (read I have done something bad), and the dream seems so real she is pissed off with me the whole day because of something she dreamt.

Normally takes a day or 2 for her to come around when that happens, since she never believes me when I say it never happened, and ti was just a dream.

My gf has them.

why-did-you-cheat-on-me-in-my-dream-last-night.jpg
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    brucey72 wrote:
    I remember being told about some cursed bottles in a window of an Alnwick shop by a guy I went to Uni with.............and I don't think he was talking about the the bottles of Alnwick Mead either

Those bottles are real, in the window of a boozer in Alnwick, Old Cross Inn I think.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Well I dreamt about cakes last night. A rather excellent dream IMO, the only problem being the choice on offer was so big it took me all the dream to come to a decision on which one to try :P
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I don't know what I dreamt, but I woke my girlfriend up to tell her about a potato. And then farted loudly.

Apparently.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • SheffSimon wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:

Those bottles are real, in the window of a boozer in Alnwick, Old Cross Inn I think.

Known as the Dirty Bottles, legend has it that if you touch them you die soon after.

(sorry for hijack) :)
  • timmyturbo
    SheffSimon wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:

yes the bottles are still in the window over 250 years , the landlord touched them to move them and died the next day , it has benn taken over this year by a new couple , i used to love popping for a pint of cider at 6AM !! :shock: for 31.20p a pint last year , on those sleppless nights .

cheers Tim
  • timmyturbo
    SheffSimon wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:

yes the bottles are still in the window over 250 years , the landlord touched them to move them and died the next day , it has benn taken over this year by a new couple , i used to love popping for a pint of cider at 6AM !! :shock: for 31.20p a pint last year , on those sleppless nights .

cheers Tim
  • Stop glue sniffing so close to bed time.
  • timmyturbo
    Stop glue sniffing so close to bed time.

LOL
    :mrgreen:
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    timmyturbo wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:

cheers Tim

1 who would buy cider at 6am and
    2 31.20 a pint last year??
    more info needed here,never mind the dirty bottles, this is intriguing
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    nevman wrote:
    timmyturbo wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:

1. I'm presuming people who work night shifts - a friend used to work on the docks and enjoyed his post shift 5 am pint, when I was away working a few years ago and we finished night things full Chinese take away at 6 am was a regular.

2. I'm presuming he meant £1.20, otherwise its a freakingly expensive pint.

Cursed bottles sound well weird: anyone know the story?
  • I thought something along the lines of 31.20 a pint because it's 6am, the pub was closed and dude had to wake up to pour it.
  • Yossie wrote:
    nevman wrote:
    timmyturbo wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:

1. I'm presuming people who work night shifts - a friend used to work on the docks and enjoyed his post shift 5 am pint, when I was away working a few years ago and we finished night things full Chinese take away at 6 am was a regular.

2. I'm presuming he meant £1.20, otherwise its a freakingly expensive pint.

Cursed bottles sound well weird: anyone know the story?

£3.20 a pint surely. If its £1.20 then I'm moving there.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I thought something along the lines of 31.20 a pint because it's 6am, the pub was closed and dude had to wake up to pour it.

Nah - dockyard/naval/foundry etc towns - anywhere where blokes graft their backsides off on night shfts have always had, essentially, 20 hour opening hours for pubs.

Its just a) not very well known and b) if you don't fall into the above criteria you won't want to be in there.