HMMM .... suspicious punture after 'free 6 week service'

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited August 2011
    Hang on, hang on...

What?

Of all the time I've spent on a roadie, I've not once thought 'ohhh my wrists my wrists'... Riding over cobbles or potholes (yeah, you can't always avoid them), I seem to automatically 'soften' my knees and elbows to absorb the bumps, and lift my bum off the saddle. No biggie. If your wrists are killing you, re-assess your handlebar setup.

And the carbon dream machine hasn't exploded into shrapnel yet. I have brought it indoors though, it's raining out there and we all know it's water-soluble.

Your position clearly isn't racey enough then ;).

Slam that stem down!

My left wrist can hurt when I'm really going for it on very bumpy roads.

It's not surprising.

Take a look at (hero) Boonen on cobbles
    3182386026_d0eeb8d71f.jpg
  • Hang on, hang on...

What?

Of all the time I've spent on a roadie, I've not once thought 'ohhh my wrists my wrists'... Riding over cobbles or potholes (yeah, you can't always avoid them), I seem to automatically 'soften' my knees and elbows to absorb the bumps, and lift my bum off the saddle. No biggie. If your wrists are killing you, re-assess your handlebar setup.

And the carbon dream machine hasn't exploded into shrapnel yet. I have brought it indoors though, it's raining out there and we all know it's water-soluble.

Slam that stem down!

:lol::lol:

Boys, boys, it's about a bike that fits, not about looking cool......... or thinking you do!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hang on, hang on...

What?

Slam that stem down!

Boys, boys, it's about a bike that fits, not about looking cool......... or thinking you do!

Exactly. So if the stem is too low, you need to get more flexible to make sure it does fit.

Duh! :P
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Look at that wrist position! No wonder he hasn't won anything for a while

*lights blue touch-paper and retreats to a safe distance*
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited August 2011
    Yep - soft elbows, there's barely any weight on his wrists.

More flexible?

:lol:

I get a 7/9 on the Beighton hypermobility score... 8)

(damn elbows spoiling my 9/9)
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Hang on, hang on...

What?

Slam that stem down!

Exactly. So if the stem is too low, you need to get more flexible to make sure it does fit.

Duh! :P

I have a slammed stem on my number 1 bike with about 10" of drop but the commuter I like to be a bit more up right in traffic (8" drop) I find you just get used to riding with soft arms.

@ snailracer

It's a saddle not an armchair your meant to ride a bike not sit on it you shouldn't ever have that much pressure on your saddle that your knees can't quickly take the thump out of a bump. You might want to drop your saddle a cm or two so you get the 80%ish bend to the knee at 6 and 12.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    Torvid wrote:
    @ snailracer

It's a saddle not an armchair your meant to ride a bike not sit on it you shouldn't ever have that much pressure on your saddle that your knees can't quickly take the thump out of a bump. You might want to drop your saddle a cm or two so you get the 80%ish bend to the knee at 6 and 12.
    office-chair-bike.jpg