"I'm working so hard today!" - your ways of preten

medoramas
medoramas Posts: 202
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
OK, so how the Commuters get on the forum when they supposed to do all the work between ride to work and back home? ;-)

I'm sitting in front of the computer at the moment, desk covered with paperwork and my phone with internet connection somewhere under it... Shhhhh...

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Was just reading this when my boss came over to ask what i was doing.... so i had to make busy!

She has gone now and i can continue.... :D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I used to have a computer game with a BOSS button. When you hit the button, the screen shows a complicated looking Exel spreadsheet full of generic businessy-looking columns.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    No one knows what I really do and they all just leave me alone.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    New job starting next week. Have a made a mental note not to log on here or hotukdeals at all during working hours, they are both addictive and consume hours per week.

Got to try hard in a new job
  • esspeebee
    esspeebee Posts: 174
    My code's compiling. Can't do more work until it finishes.
  • mossychops
    esspeebee wrote:
    My code's compiling. Can't do more work until it finishes.

Write more efficient code or write your own, faster compiler. Come on....programmers.....tut. :P
  • medoramas
    mossychops wrote:
    New job starting next week. Have a made a mental note not to log on here or hotukdeals at all during working hours, they are both addictive and consume hours per week.

Got to try hard in a new job

Yes, we all belive you will make it! I ;)
  • mossychops
    Going to be difficult actually. Especially with a new job you might not have something to do for 5 mins and before you know it you're back in the habit of checking every now and then.

I'm actually thinking of blocking myself from the site during working hours.

Well chuffed about the new job mind you, saved me from being poor forever. I was tempted to ask about the cycle to work scheme in the interview - but I need to be sensible.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I have managed to watch live stages of the tour of Spain every day this week from 2:45 to 5PM ,whilst working of course ! :D
    Today is gonna be tricky as I have a stack of Laptop repairs but I will give it a good go !!
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    A few years ago I miscalculated, by 3 days, how much time I needed off for a trip to Australia. Lucikly for me whenever my workmate was asked of my whereabouts he simply said I had just gone to the toilet. It worked, until now..... :lol:
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Data synchronisation - nobody knows what it really means so they leave me alone
  • mossychops wrote:

Yes... Spent a full day yesterday trying to obtain a HP Touchpad with no joy. Today should be spent catching up but I'm busy looking out the window followed by extended (sneaky) lunch and a spot of internet browsing on the mobile. Maybe some man crips later :wink:

No wonder the economy is the way it is!
  • mossychops wrote:

lol, I know exactly what you mean! Have you been following the nonsense on the HP Touchpad thread?
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2
  • medoramas
    Ginjafro wrote:
    A few years ago I miscalculated, by 3 days, how much time I needed off for a trip to Australia. Lucikly for me whenever my workmate was asked of my whereabouts he simply said I had just gone to the toilet. It worked, until now..... :lol:

That is rather extreme... :D

Ive just had a pack of jaffa cakes and two bananas, don't like wasting luch break for eating.
  • Moodyman
    Moodyman Posts: 158
    medoramas wrote:
    Ginjafro wrote:

Ive just had a pack of jaffa cakes and two bananas, don't like wasting luch break for eating.

You're a legend. I eat at my desk and then take an hour's lunch later on.

:D
  • Moodyman
    medoramas wrote:
    Ginjafro wrote:

You're a legend. I eat at my desk and then take an hour's lunch later on.

:D
  • Moodyman
    I minimise non-work websites, but have a colourful work presentation sittting in the background.

If it's BikeRadar, I'll have Outlook in the bakground so it looks like I'm reading/ typing an email
  • Moodyman
    I minimise non-work websites, but have a colourful work presentation sittting in the background.

If it's BikeRadar, I'll have Outlook in the bakground so it looks like I'm reading/ typing an email
  • mossychops
    lol, I know exactly what you mean! Have you been following the nonsense on the HP Touchpad thread?

Oh yeah, found myself checking stock at all the local stores too just to see if they have them and I don't want one. Between the "I just bought 15 Touchpads for eBay" trolls and the guys that make stuff up "Argos now selling Touchpads for £4.80" it's quite funny.

Have had some good deals from there but because you have to be fast, I can waste hours by keep refreshing the page and then you see something you dont want, but you want to read the thread just to see how bad a ripping the poster gets (I actually wouldn't bother posting on it now there's so many airholes on there).

Haven't been so bad for a while because I've been skint, but new job means I'm back to thinking "is it a good deal?" rather than "do I need it/would use it?" I'd buy anything if it's a good enough deal. "6000 plastic Sporks for only £10 - that's a bargain, I'll have 'em"
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I've just got back from a 2 and a 1/2 week holiday. I've dealt with 263 out of 265 emails and a few phone calls and faxes as they come in. I stopped to eat a sandwich and have a quick browse. I'm finding it very difficult to start working again. Just another 5 minutes...
  • mossychops
    From Urbandictionary.com:

Facebook Minute

(n) an elongated and obscure period of time spent distracted on Facebook when the original intent was to merely check your messages.

Dude, where’s Mark?

Oh, he just ran inside to check his messages really quick. He’ll back in a Facebook minute.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    A mate was so hung over once he went to his explorer window and slowly went about clicking all the +'s to expand every single directory on his system. Once he'd done that he then went about slowly closing them again.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    those in the public sector don't have to pretend to work hard or otherwise
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    spen666 wrote:

So that accounts for DDD then
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I was wondering when someone would mention (unnecessarily so) my name.

:roll:

Cheers, top bloke
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    MichaelW wrote:
    I used to have a computer game with a BOSS button. When you hit the button, the screen shows a complicated looking Exel spreadsheet full of generic businessy-looking columns.

The Skybet home page http://www.skybet.com has a link in the top right corner that says Boss! look busy. When you click it brings up an excel spreadsheet with graphs and figures. :lol:
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    spen666 wrote:

This is me - I have done virtually nothing today - other than look at winter jackets and overshoes!

I sit next to by boss in an open plan office :D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    spen666 wrote:

Yep! All I do is sit there and watch my 'gold plated pension' roll in. I'm the Warren Buffett of the local council don't you know.

Every now and again I have a chat with my good mate Gadaffi and Kim Jong-Il via Skype before nipping out to the canal with a hessian sack and some kittens.

Anyway can't dally... I've got to complete the final part of my plan to wreck the world economy by 3pm. Can't believe everyone really thought it was the fault of the Banking system! :D
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    3 screens and the internet one tucked in the corner out of the way, email and excel open right now and a stack of paperwork on my desk. How could I not be busy?
    FCN 12
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Mr Sworld wrote:
    Anyway can't dally... I've got to complete the final part of my plan to wreck the world economy by 3pm. Can't believe everyone really thought it was the fault of the Banking system! :D

Done little today. Work in a bank.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo