Mudguards for Boardman Hybrid Pro?

omerta
omerta Posts: 14
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Can anyone recommend mudguards for a Hybrid Pro please? I'm looking ar Crud Roadracer 2 but they seem a bit of a faff to fit.

Thanks

O'Merta

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    They're no more of a faff than other's I've fitted, and less maintenance once fitted. I'd go for the crud's.

Also have raceblades on another bike, and chromoplastics on another.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've got Cruds too, not any real hassle to fit, can be removed/refitted in a minute or two
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Doesn't the Hybrid Pro have mudguard mounting points? I'm looking for mudgurads for my CX Team and, having messed about with other "strap-ons" on my road bike, I'm looking for something that uses the mounting points. Finding something, though, is another matter...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Excuse me... HYBRID!! Now you know you really want a proper road bike...... You know it's only a matter of time before you realise that a hybrid is a mistake. :wink:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Doesn't the Hybrid Pro have mudguard mounting points? I'm looking for mudgurads for my CX Team and, having messed about with other "strap-ons" on my road bike, I'm looking for something that uses the mounting points. Finding something, though, is another matter...

SKS Chromoplastics.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • meanredspider
    Excuse me... HYBRID!! Now you know you really want a proper road bike...... You know it's only a matter of time before you realise that a hybrid is a mistake. :wink:

Until the Highland ice arrives, I use my road bike. But after that time, a road bike is very much a mistake (not that I'd go for a hybrid... :wink: )
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,124
    I use Cycraguards on my Boardman Hybrid - the rear one attaches onto the seatpost, front one 'straps on' to the down tube. Dead easy to fit and remove and can be transferred to the MTB when needed. Also they don't look nerdy like classical roadie mudguards :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I use Cycraguards on my Boardman Hybrid - the rear one attaches onto the seatpost, front one 'straps on' to the down tube. Dead easy to fit and remove and can be transferred to the MTB when needed. Also they don't look nerdy like classical roadie mudguards :wink:

Yep they're really good. Especially if you like your brakes still getting covered in grime, and your feet, and your frame. I guess you could get some nerdy (proper) mud guards to stop all of that happening, but each to their own.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • meanredspider
    Yup - I'm looking to avoid that situation that seems to occur only at my prefered cruising speed: water flying up off the front wheel and straight into my face! Only a relatively full mudguard stops that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,124
    pangolin wrote:
    Yep they're really good. Especially if you like your brakes still getting covered in grime, and your feet, and your frame. I guess you could get some nerdy (proper) mud guards to stop all of that happening, but each to their own.
    Must be something wrong with yours then. Mine work on my commuter and on my MTB where there's much more muck thrown up. PS: disc brakes (as on the OP's bike) are designed to take a bit of muck even if it was a problem :wink:

I'll stick with them, you carry on looking nerdy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I got crudcatchers from Halfords and got them to fit them to my Boardman Hybrid Team. The guy did a clever trick with a reflector to hold the front one in place, back one was a straight fit no probs.
    Commuter: Boardman Hybrid Team 2011