Felt DA TT rig

2»

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Do all the logos make up for a lack of anything? Like speed.

You gotta be good to ride a bike like that ... National Champ level, I'd say.

I'd say a bike like this is worthy of a World Champion. What do you think buddy?

_71K2899.jpg

_MG_0229.jpg

_MG_0235.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    What's your opinion on the oval chainrings?
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Pokerface wrote:
    I'd say a bike like this is worthy of a World Champion. What do you think buddy?

Colin, I'd say Rainbow bands suit you 8) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

BTW, my bike has wheel envy and keeps asking me why it can't have a pair of Zipps like yours LOL
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Pokerface wrote:

_71K2899.jpg

_MG_0229.jpg

_MG_0235.jpg

Heh heh, pwned :)

Nice one Colin!
  • Pokerface
    What's your opinion on the oval chainrings?

I've said this many times... for ME - they are brilliant. They help even out my (massive) dead spot and spin much more smoothly. I use them on my road, TT and even on my track bike.

I know not everyone gets on with them - but I love them.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    _MG_0235.jpg

Fair play to you chap. :mrgreen:
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    That indeed is an awesome bike; thanks for sharing.
    Quick Q: are the oval chain rings a riff on the BioPace that Shimano had in the Eighties?
  • That looks fast sitting still, thanks for sharing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Berkbonce has gone all quiet, what a nimrod he is.
  • DrLex wrote:
    That indeed is an awesome bike; thanks for sharing.
    Quick Q: are the oval chain rings a riff on the BioPace that Shimano had in the Eighties?

I still have an MTB with biopace cranks and my current bike has rotor rings.

The biopace is bobbins, the ovalising is wrong...

The rotors for me offered a subtle improvement in power. Fine on my TT bike but I find the shifting poor and think I'll be reverting to Stronglight rings now I don't race.
  • Chris (sweet ride by the way) whats up with the twin front piece of the saddle? ive never seen anything like it. is it a TT thing?
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • Pokerface
    edited October 2011
    discurio wrote:
    Chris (sweet ride by the way) whats up with the twin front piece of the saddle? ive never seen anything like it. is it a TT thing?

By Chris I assume you mean me - Colin?

The saddle is an Adamo saddle - made primarily for TT riding. The twin prongs allow you to sit forward, resting on your sit bones and taking weight off you undercarriage. I can ride a 25 mile TT pain free with it.

WHITE-ROAD.jpg
  • :oops: cheers
    i was sure i typed Colin, must be an autocorrect thing :lol:
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • Pokerface
    The TT bike is just about to be put away (or on the turbo) for the winter. And I hope to add a few rainbow accents to it for next year (nothing much).

For instance - removed the giant Zipp decals from the front and rear wheels, and replaced them with special rainbow Zipp decals:

Wheels.jpg

Will update the pics once the bike is fully pimped out!
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Nice looking bike,i like it.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804

you are really going to regret posting that
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • he already did mate :P
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Pokerface

Our good friend Berk left the forum on Sept. 3 after throwing a minor strop. He wasn't around to eat his words.

As he said in his final post: "I gonna find myself a more usable forum not run by greedy and avoricious types overly interested in bombarding me with adverts originating from sources I have not chosen to communicate with" :roll:
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Pokerface wrote:
    The TT bike is just about to be put away (or on the turbo) for the winter. And I hope to add a few rainbow accents to it for next year (nothing much).

For instance - removed the giant Zipp decals from the front and rear wheels, and replaced them with special rainbow Zipp decals:

Wheels.jpg

Oh. Yes.

Please tell me that Zipp will only sell you those stickers if you are a World Champ?
  • Crozza wrote:

Oh. Yes.

Please tell me that Zipp will only sell you those stickers if you are a World Champ?

Oh. Yes. He is a world champ, well done :)
  • Pokerface
    Crozza wrote:

Oh. Yes.

The decals are not for sale by Zipp. Zipp was kind enough to get me a set though as a 'congratulations' for winning the Worlds.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Pokerface wrote:
    Crozza wrote:

Oh. Yes.

The decals are not for sale by Zipp. Zipp was kind enough to get me a set though as a 'congratulations' for winning the Worlds.

Even better!

Looking forward to some shots of the full bike
  • Pokerface wrote:

Our good friend Berk left the forum on Sept. 3 after throwing a minor strop. He wasn't around to eat his words.

As he said in his final post: "I gonna find myself a more usable forum not run by greedy and avoricious types overly interested in bombarding me with adverts originating from sources I have not chosen to communicate with" :roll:

He'd probably have felt better if you got something like an S20....I mean it's not about the bike, dammit! Why did you have to threaten his insecurity?

:wink:
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    Pokerface wrote:

_71K2899.jpg

_MG_0229.jpg

_MG_0235.jpg

Utterly inspirational mate. :shock:
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Pokerface wrote:

Wheels.jpg

Sod the modesty, Colin...

You should've kept the original sized decals with the world champ accent :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Just found the link to this thread while reading another. Makes you think twice about slating anyone with a nice bike :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Seriously well done Colin! Seriously nice bike too! :shock:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.