Rev RLT dual air compression lockout

chili85
chili85 Posts: 68
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I've read all the read all the never ending threads on these and hope i'm not repeating anything.

Should the compression damping reach almost full lockout regardless of where the floodgate is set. i.e if its wound mostly off or does it dictate lockout?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The floodgate adjuster sets the force required to overcome the lockout. So if you wind the floodgate adjuster fully out, then the force will be very small - ie you have no lockout at all. Wind it the other way fully, and you may never overcome the lock. It is basically a bypass valve where you can adjust the threshold.

Be aware though that when locked out the system retains a small amount of travel for traction.
  • chili85
    Ok got that bit. Why i ask is that the compression adjuster from fully open to lockout seems to make no difference at all unless the floodgate is set to halfway or more so when you turn the compression it turns the floodgate more stiffening up the fork
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, that can happen as the compression is being bypassed again. You can use the two together to tune the fork quite precisely. There is a very good thread on MTBR on how they can be used.
  • chili85
    ok, so its perfectly normal to feel no difference in compession unless the floodgate is set up? Done that then :)
    Thank you, i saw that link too and also the helpful manual link as nothing like that is provided with the fork. Rockshox seem very vague on buying info.

Still, i get my first ride of them tomorrow and reassured tis all cool to go, cheers :)