The Lancashire Loop Cycle Challenge.

The Lancashire Loop Cycle Challenge offers you three circular routes, each taking you on a beautiful journey through picturesque Lancashire countryside. The 18 mile option is the flattest of the routes and most suitable for novice cyclists and those cycling with children. The 50 mile route hits you with a few hills to start off with but, once you’re past the 30 mile point, it becomes a lot flatter and each year we have many inexperienced cyclists successfully complete this circuit. The 100 mile challenge is geared towards experienced cyclists as you will climb 5,000ft throughout the course. The three routes start at Cockerham Village Hall, near Lancaster, and you will be cycling through the stunning Ribble Valley, Bowland Fells and Lune Valley. Registration is a non-refundable/ transferable £18 per person (£20 if registering on the day). The route is fully marshalled and on road.
The Lancashire Loop Cycle Challenge is in aid of MedEquip4Kids and, with your help, we aim to raise more than £5,000 in sponsorship. There is no minimum sponsorship – your registration fee only covers the costs of running the bike ride, so please ask family and friends to sponsor you and help us raise as much money as possible!

WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Please click ont this link http://www.medequip4kids.org.uk/events/497/lancashire-loop-cycle-challenge.html . Once registered, we will send you a fundraising pack with sponsorship forms and tips and advice about how to make the fundraising as easy as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 0161 798 1600 or email me directly, Sarah.suthers@medequip4kids.org.uk.
[/b]

Comments

• Variance
    Variance Posts: 130
    I've done this for the last 2 years and it's a great route/event. if you live in the area then get it done!!
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    starts in my village :wink:

what date is it?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Click the link - 9th october. Can see me having a trip up Ut the m6 with a few mates to join
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Click the link - 9th october. Can see me having a trip up the m6 with a few mates to join in
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    I done this last year, pretty hard ride with great site support team. The route was changed last minute (or so I was told on the day), I got home and was completely shattered. Final 20 mile was bonk territory for me.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I can't see the routes on the website - are they there?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • For anyone interested Lancashire Loop 2013 is open September
    www.medequip4kids.org.uk/events/497/lan ... lenge.html